Game keeps restarting (PC)

I just got the Sacred 2 collectors edition from Amazon and just went through the install/update(2.43). I start up the game and try to make my character, but then my computer shuts down completely. My spec's are:

Gateway FX Laptop

Vista 64 bit Home Premium

Intel Core Duo 2.26GHz Processor

4 Gigs of Ram

GeForce 9800M GTS with 512MB

1920 x 1200 x 60 Hertz

My PC isn't overheating, any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Ghost

*Edit* I few other things I've tried is running it on Compat mode through Xp SP2 and it won't even start up the game. The green lettering comes up saying something a long the lines "Set up Managers" or whatnot and stays there for 10 minutes until I have to end the process. I've also updated DirectX and my Vid drivers to the latest available and no change. I was able to get into a lan game with the updated drivers, with graphic settings to Lowest, it ran great for the first 20 seconds or so and then started to lag out. Eventually shutting down the laptop. I read a post a few days ago saying don't use the auto update that comes with it. Could this be the problem with corrupt installs? If needbe I'll reimage my pc to see if that helps but I was really hopeing that would be a last option. I know I shouldn't but I also have it installed via a external HD, I've installed all my games on it and haven't had a problem yet. Would this be another issue or restarts?

Thanks again,

Ghost

I just got the Sacred 2 collectors edition from Amazon and just went through the install/update(2.43). I start up the game and try to make my character, but then my computer shuts down completely. My spec's are:

Gateway FX Laptop

Vista 64 bit Home Premium

Intel Core Duo 2.26GHz Processor

4 Gigs of Ram

GeForce 9800M GTS with 512MB

1920 x 1200 x 60 Hertz

My PC isn't overheating, any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Ghost

*Edit* I few other things I've tried is running it on Compat mode through Xp SP2 and it won't even start up the game. The green lettering comes up saying something a long the lines "Set up Managers" or whatnot and stays there for 10 minutes until I have to end the process. I've also updated DirectX and my Vid drivers to the latest available and no change. I was able to get into a lan game with the updated drivers, with graphic settings to Lowest, it ran great for the first 20 seconds or so and then started to lag out. Eventually shutting down the laptop. I read a post a few days ago saying don't use the auto update that comes with it. Could this be the problem with corrupt installs? If needbe I'll reimage my pc to see if that helps but I was really hopeing that would be a last option. I know I shouldn't but I also have it installed via a external HD, I've installed all my games on it and haven't had a problem yet. Would this be another issue or restarts?

Thanks again,

Ghost

The collectors addition has elite graphics. These are simply uncompressed versions of the very high details, and will cause a crash within a few minutes of starting the game. Make sure you use the default textures. Also PhysX also will cause crashes within a few minutes of startup. Go to your nvidia control panel in windows, and select CPU for the physX setting. Then make sure it is off in the game options menu. After this, you can start out with low graphics at first. As you see if it becomes stable, you can slowly raise the detail sliders and test stability. 1920 X1200 is pretty high resolution and uses a fair amount of Ram. You may want temporarily try reducing the res and see if that also helps. Sacred2 has an issue with using more than 1.5Gb of Ram. it crashes.

After finding these issues I can run Sacred now at 720P or 1080 P and all detail sliders on high with little crashes.

Good Luck and Welcome to Dark Matters!

locolagarto

Well after 5 hours of reimaging and updating everything, it seems to be working better and on the up side all the junk I had on it is gone! :) I installed the game without Elite Graphics and did the patches one by one. On another note, I went out and bought another internal drive and installed it onto that to see if that helps any at all. When playing for about 5 minutes it gets choppy and a few minutes later it corrects itself. This is while under 1920x1200. I'll give the 1080 a try right now.

Thanks for the help and warm welcome. :)

Ghost

*Edit* I tried 1080 and it really didn't seem to help any, I haven't shut down in quite a while so I think that problem is behind me for now. On 1080 or 1200 it still gets extremely choppy. That's with graphics to the lowest settings.

Edited by GhostChaser
  • 1 month later...

I'm having a problem with starting the game. :bye:

Every time start the game I get a blue screen. :)

I know how to fix it :bounce: but in order to do so I need to excess the external graphic system settings but can't find the file.

Never had a problem finding files with XP but I recently upgraded to Windows 7 which encrypt everything... (it sucks)

thx,

GermanDude