Where Are The Xbox 360 Updates Already?

Well, this is actually old news but Ascaron is the one that put the console out, and with their demis so too went any kind of update for the console. As well as for the pc since Ice and Blood. Deep Silver is currently chipping away at the primordial ooze that makes such things and working on Sacred 3. With all that said, I do feel your pain. I played an easy 1000+ hours on console prior to switching to PC about a month or so prior to Ice and Blood. Even so Sacred 2 is the best game I have ever played. Learn the bugs, work around them, work with them, This game is still THE best ever made. It's all in the details and not letting the Bug win. Over come, learn, adapt.

And by the way, Welcome to DarkMatters.

• Like! 1

Hi MIke

Please be careful of your tone in posts on these boards.

We're not fans of yelling or cursing, it's not something we want to read here as we play :P

There's actually been a lot of posts here asking if there would be add-ons for Sacred 2 for Consoles, and as Furian has posted, there won't be any which is kind of saddening, especially seeing how well the console community enjoyed a game with this much depth and replayability. I hope you're still able to have some fun with the almost limitless potential of builds and enjoy your time here on these boards.

Welcome to DarkMatters

:)

gogo

Unfortunately the addon will never be released for consoles.

When Ascaron went bust, Deep Silver bought the intellectual property for the game, but they have no intention of continuing development. Instead of attempting to decipher and unravel the current code, they began work on Sacred 3.

It's a shame that it happened this way, but it is out of their control.

Edited by dreeft

Actually, Deep Silver is not doing anything for the PC version, either. It is a dedicated group of fans that are slowly but surely fixing most of the bugs, adding new content and generally improving the game.

If you are truly asking for an answer, you will have to contact Deep Silver directly, as this site is not affiliated with them in any way.

I completely understand your frustration, not only with the 'final' product that was released on the consoles (not DS' fault), but also the lack of support from the 'owners' of the brand; and anger at the few selfish individuals who were able to modify the game (XBOX) and pretty much ruin it for most of the rest of us who do not like to gain 200 levels in 30 seconds.

Edited by essjayehm

1.) Ascaron is gone. They are no more. Ascaron doesn't exist as a company any longer.

2.) Deep Silver now owns the Sacred franchise. They've pretty much stopped all development on the PC and on consoles to focus on Sacred 3. There are a number of bugs and issues that we'd all like to see fixed in the PC version - but it ain't gonna happen. I wish I had a million dollars - tax free, of course. I've probably got a better chance of seeing that anyone fixing Sacred 2 on the consoles.

3.) I feel your pain - but there's really not much anyone can do about it. You can:

a.) deal with the issues and live with them.

b.) wait until Sacred 3 comes out and hope they actually do some quality control before they release the game.

c.) find another game that isn't quite so buggy and move on with life.

4.) I don't know what you think mods do, but I fail to see how any of them have ruined the game. First off, the mods available for the PC make the game better. Those mods, btw, are not available on consoles - mainly because of the environment. Those mods are PC only. The crews behind the Ci-Sacred and CM Patches have done nothing but stellar work in trying to fix the issues left in the game as well as finishing off content Ascaron started work on but never got around to finishing before they went belly up.

Edited by gogoblender
This topic has already been moderated, this post therefore edited
  • Like! 1