Changing txt spells

Hi everybody,

I need change de text file definitions on CAs but I can't find this enywhere... maybe it's in an exe or what? I was looking for this in the localization folder, but no...

cascopia.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: ok, I find this in the forum :-P

Any in-game text is stored in the global.res file which is compressed/encrypted so you can't just go in with a text editor & change stuff.

As far as inventory gfx goes, in the Skin.zip file there's an inventory folder (Skin.zip\datazicons\inventory), though I think those are the backgrounds for the inventory slots. So no, I'm not sure where the item inventory gfx are stored.

Edited by Wardust

Look in icons.zip for the item inventory graphics.

Yes, I do it, but I'm trying to change the text too, and it must be done edditting the "global.res" file and I don't know how to do it.

EDIT: There's a software developed by the CM team that can open the global res. They help me with these.

Edited by Wardust
  • 11 months later...

Look in icons.zip for the item inventory graphics.

Yes, I do it, but I'm trying to change the text too, and it must be done edditting the "global.res" file and I don't know how to do it.

EDIT: There's a software developed by the CM team that can open the global res. They help me with these.

Hi all,

I don't know if this thread is already active, but I have one question : I'm trying to decode the global.res file for personnal purposes. Is there a link to this program developed by the CM Team ?

Thanks in advance.