GW2 Guilds / Upto date list of guilds for Release Day

Found this posted on my GW1 Guilds website. Thought someone here should sign up FDM.

Per these lists we might want to contemplate a new server/or not.

Also, not yet included on the list : Vabbi - unofficial Russian language Server

http://www.gw2guilds.org/

Edit: 8/10/12 many updates on the guild website today, additional languages added to servers

Edited by Kiyeri

It may also be that GW2 will either add more servers or increase the number of people on the existing servers (increased capacity). But who knows at this point.

That website is totally what I expected to help us choose the right server for release. I'll wait for Lujate's comment on this to make a suggestion about a possible server.

Max

Just a suggestion, but think we should plan on going to a upper/mid or lower/high population server.

Here are my thoughts on why:

1. Events will actually have ppl participating and you wont be forced to complete it solo.

2. More people mean a better economy

3. More selection of items on the Auction House

4. Items on the AH will be priced lower (see #2)

5. More ppl participating in WvW so

6. If WvW is not something FDM ends up getting into it wont matter as much as it would on a low population server

7. Better WvW influence

8. Hopefully will have room for everyone that wants to join us

Edit: crossed off 2 thru 4, since Wygram pointed out that the economy is not based on individual servers (sweetness)

Edited by Kiyeri

Just a suggestion, but think we should plan on going to a upper/mid or lower/high population server.

1. Events will actually have ppl participating and you wont be forced to complete it solo.

6. If WvW is not something FDM ends up getting into it wont matter as much as it would on a low population server

7. Better WvW influence

Actually since the AH / trading post (whatever) is not based on the server but is game wide the population of the world is not really an issue for selection of a server. This removes items 2, 3 and 4 from the selection process. But the other points are all valid.

Found this posted on my GW1 Guilds website. Thought someone here should sign up FDM.

Per these lists we might want to contemplate a new server/or not.

Also, not yet included on the list : Vabbi - unofficial Russian language Server

http://www.gw2guilds.org/

Edit: 8/10/12 many updates on the guild website today, additional languages added to servers

That looks like a recruiting site to me. My first question is, "what is FDM's recruiting policy?" Are we going to actively recruit strangers, only recruit Sacred-lovers and friends, or somewhere in between?

7. Better WvW influence

Actually since the AH / trading post (whatever) is not based on the server but is game wide the population of the world is not really an issue for selection of a server. This removes items 2, 3 and 4 from the selection process. But the other points are all valid.

IMO, #7 is a little iffy, but I agree that a higher population server at release sounds like a better option. Like every game, there will be a large number of players who will play for a little while, and then move on to the next big thing. This will cause every server to have a population drop. If your server starts with a higher population, you will have more players at that time.

On the flip side, there are two pitfalls with going with a higher population server.

1. We may not be able to all fit.
  2. WvW play time may be scarce at the beginning. This issue will not necessarily affect a large number of FDM members, and will diminish as the initial rush contracts to a stable number.