Overpowering Lower Leveled toons

All this time I never knew the purpose of the Damage (40-40) rings, if equipping them in the ring slot, it seemed to not change anything on your character info sheet.

Then slotting them on a weapon, is what made an absolute extreme difference with WEAPON BASED CHARACTER BUILDS, insanely overpowered. When using my support Bargainers before I was always searching for +All Skills for all my gear slots and even my weapon slots.

My question is, with Character builds that are Non-Weapon Based Damage like a non-coup HE, can give them the same type of insane boost that damage rings do for weapons, and weapon based CA's.

My Seraphim right now at level 25, it able to hit for 3200 to 5800 damage with a Polearm that has 2 slots filled with the Damage rings. My level 94 Pyro HE, BT ticks for 6000, and shower ticks for 3000 per meteor. And this is a difference of 69 levels!!

For better comparison when my HE was around level 25, her BT ticks were around 400 a tick so.....

Edited by Tybudd

Hmm.. I'll have to play with that a bit next time I'm in game...

In the meantime, just so you know - that sort of thing is likely something you can only do on a Console. On the PC version, socketing a higher level ring, or ammy or even rune will raise the level of that armor or weapon to the level of the item being socketed.

In other words, if you've got a level 25 Officer's Saber with 4 slots and you socket 4 rings that are levels 50, 75, 100 and 125, that level 25 sword now becomes a level 125 sword. And I'm thinking even with Sword Lore at character level, there's no way you could use it for a very long time. And by that time, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it won't make that big of a difference as any advantage you might have gotten will have been nullified by being able to get other weapons that are closer to your character level that will do much more damage on their own, without anything socketed in them than the level 25 sword that's been fully tweaked.

• Like! 1

Yep, what Wolfie said. Along some patch they added the level restrictions to pc-version. So no more high level Niob goodies on low level chars.

Same with runes. IIRC, you need to be at minium level of 45 to handle socketed Niob runes. But on the console, that'd be quite a breaker, or possibly shortcut, if one wants to have powerful toon from the start. :)

The physical damage rings only affect "weapon attacks"... ie including weapon-based combat arts. Spell damage doesn't have an analogue socket that boosts base damage (IIRC...).

Also, I do think that socketing those rings in your armour (or wearing the rings) does increase your damage as well. Obv, you can't wear the high-level ones so the changes on your character stat sheet doesn't change much at lower levels while wearing 4-4 rings (or whatever you can use at your level)... but it does "work".

Yep, what Wolfie said. Along some patch they added the level restrictions to pc-version. So no more high level Niob goodies on low level chars.

Same with runes. IIRC, you need to be at minium level of 45 to handle socketed Niob runes. But on the console, that'd be quite a breaker, or possibly shortcut, if one wants to have powerful toon from the start. :)

Niob runes raise armor or weapons up to level 50. So the answer is - as soon as you can wear or wield level 50 stuff. You could have Armor lore or the appropriate weapons lore fairly early on and have it to character level - and be able to use the item before you ever get to level 45 but not by too much - which is why it makes early going in Sliver a bit tricky...

Also, FWIW, SIlver runes raise levels to level 20. Gold raises armor/weapons to level 30. Platinum rasies things to level 40.

Didn't the big nerf that came with Ice and Blood also extend to the damage x-x rings? I'll have to take a look on my other copy of Sacred on the beta version of Windows 8...

• Like! 1

Thanks for clearing that out, Wolfie. :) It's been ages since I've seriously played Sacred 2, so things have kinda dropped from my head. :P

And about the nerf, you could be quite right about it. But for the love of Lumen, I can't remember, which were the best dmg-rings and ammies I found with my 90'ish seraphim... It would be logical that all trinkets took the hit from the toning down.