A little new and a liitle old

I recently added the community patch to the game and liked all the fixes and additions it had to it. After installing the patch I noticed the first screen had a new picture with red text and the frames and buttons were changed a little along with the ice and blood logo. I was really bummed about it because the gold and black frames and such made the items and text a little hard to read.

Here is how I reverted these changes back to the looks of ice and blood if you want to do the same.

The first step I did was to go into /Sacred 2 Gold\system folder then find these files

console

font

font2

glowfont

For the main menu buttons/frames and stuff like for example the items screen

First find \Sacred 2 Gold\pak\graphics13.zip and deleted all the entrees in the zip. Then make a new file in notepad and name it dummy and place it in the zip file.

I need help with is taking the CM out of multiplayer and single player buttons in the main menu.

Edited by gogoblender
  • 2 weeks later...

don't delete everything in graphics13.zip otherwise you're removing some of the added cm patch stuff.

you only need to delete the following folders in graphics13.zip:

data

hq\gui

after doing that you'll have the sexy Ice & Blood UI again.

also you don't need to replace font2.tga, cm patch doesn't touch it. the other 3 it does.

Edited by Star64
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for clarifying that for me! I readded the icons for the items back and now they are showing up. The models for the armor are showing up but the textures seem to be corrupt or missing and the spider shield model doesn't show up at all. I think that might also be in that same zip folder. The missing texture effect did look kinda cool they were black with a red glowing flaming effect on them.

EDIT: Yep the textures and models were there and are now showing up correctly. I still need help with taking the CM out of multiplayer and single player buttons in the main menu.

Edited by Saraphima