Sacred 2 difficulty

Tell me about it. This year's flu or whatever it was left me barely able to breathe right for almost two weeks! I even stopped playing Sacred 2 for an entire week, oh the horror... :twitch:

Anyway, in a world of Ancaria where even Kobolds are a threat (seriously, those Shaman champions hit me for 25% of my HP!) I can safely say I don't need to look for a challenge anymore! With my HE being thirty (!) levels below the mobs in Tyr Lysia I need not worry with being challenged as much as I need to worry about staying alive. It's not unplayable though, it just requires more thought as opposed to just being a demigod and freely hitting anything up and close without suffering a scratch. Which is pretty cool actually!

The white griffin though, he barely had me! That one and "mother bear" which was hitting me for around half of my HP at the time I encountered it, while the Griffin was doing criticals that would make the HP alarm sound in one hit. Blessed be Expulse Magic and "+% leech life from opponents". I wouldn't be able to withstand higher level mobs like I can without it. That one-handed hafted unique with that modifier is just about the ace in the hole that keeps me alive in bitter situations. Other than that I'm now happy enough about freely roaming the world of Ancaria and doing it all because, well, that's all there is to do now. Except I'm not in Silver anymore but in Niob and now it's all fun! I keep getting unusable loot (for now) but it can't all be positive, ha ha.

I think the trick for the game to be challenging is sprinting to Niob as fast as you can and as close to mastery level as possible. That way you can really test your abilities, consider battles more wisely and explore the whole world and all sorts of quests without having to repeat them later at a higher difficulty level. I guess that's what I'll do with newer builds from now on. :)

Edited by Androdion
  • Like! 1