Sacred 2 MOD - Change the difficulty

Toubib

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I play Sacred 2 mainly in coop mode. Therefore, we haven't always 150 hours to reach the miob. And we want our game being challenging!

That's why I present you what we're currently using. It's still in "beta", we only reached inferno so far. And I will upload later if some changes are obiviously needed.

Let's start!

Presentation

The mod allows you to change the difficulty of your game through 4 level. There will be more later, and probably a PlayerX mod diablo2-like, I'm working on it. It will be especially for solo players.

Normal: 100% Health, 100% Damage, 0% extra gold bonus, 0% extra XP bonus
Nightmare: 130% Health, 115% Damage, 12.5% extra magic find bonus, 25% extra XP bonus
Inferno: 200% Health, 145% Damage, 32.5% extra magic find bonus, 75% extra XP bonus
Apocalypse: 320% Health, 205% Damage, 65% extra magic find bonus, 115% extra XP bonus
Armageddon: 515% Health, 295% Damage, 125% extra magic find bonus, 250% extra XP bonus
The only changes are made in the balance.txt mod, nothing extraordinary. The normal mode is the original balance.txt of the game without any changes. That allows you to back up easily.

For the difficulties some changes have been done.

Speedmin has been increased from 500 to 650. That'sbarely noticable but still more enjoyable. The minimum level for bronze/silver/gold has been removed, you can play in silver until level 200. But that's not the purpose of the mod. There are some other minors changes only made to balance these difficulties in order to fit in the game spirit.

Installation
Easier with Generic Mod Enabler. Simply place the folders within the zip file into the MODS folder, and use GME to set your difficulty before playing.

You can aswell place manually the balance.txt of the difficulty by yourself.

Compatibility
I'm currently using CM patch 1.50 with Sacred 2 gold edition.
I also use Enhanced spells mod. GEM says there could be conflict between my mod and enhanced spell mods, I've compared both balance.txt and didn't notice what changed so far.
Download link
The purpose of this MOD is only to make your game more enjoyable, more challenging. The spirit isn't cheating or anything. If the MOD appears like being to easy, it will be corrected.
I made it for myself, and though it could be nice to share it.

Have fun! And please, tell me if something should be changed.

And sorry for my bad english.. Honnestly did my best.

We have one of the finest communites around on the net, abound with generosity. Thank you for taking your time to think up, write and present this to the community for what we think is the best game in the universe!!

And a hearty welcome to DarkMatters, Toubib!

:)

gogo

I'm glad about your thanks. (Is it english..? :P)

I did it with pleasure. By the way I've uploaded a new version... The old one had stupid big misstake that made the difficulty not increase beyond nightmare...

If anyone downloaded it previously, download the new version please. It works now properly.

Edited by Toubib