Sign in to follow this  
DeadByDefault

Advice Needed on How to Acquire Better Gear Without The Trade Skill

Hello everyone,

A happy new year to you all.

I haven't played Sacred in quite a while (and when I did quite a while ago, I never made it much further than, say, level 60 with any character), but recently came back to it. I am playing a Gladiator, and my biggest issue is the lack of gear upgrades. Obviously, a Gladiator cannot use the trade skill before level 50, so shopping is no option for useful stuff. At the time being, the character is level 29 and killing lots of orcs in the desert. Levelling up was fast and easy until now that the enemies have toughened up enough to make killing them a chore because I cannot find any better gear than the pieces I'm already wearing. I should be grateful for any advice by more experienced players. Should I export my game and restart on Silver so as to kill the early bosses again? For aught I know, they don't just respawn as they do in many other games of this kind (I've played Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo III, Torchlight, Torchlight II, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, so I'm not particularly new to the genre). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind grinding for loot and experience, but without any upgrades, killing enemies takes for ever.

Best regards,

DeadByDefault

The only thing I can think of is for you to do some quests in Mascarell or Timberton that could give you some weapons, gold,XP,or runes, or just go to silver.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeadByDefault said:

Thank you for your reply, Whisky.

You're right, as with ARPG's they are loot driven, and not having access to them can quickly stalemate the game.  Whisky's advice is great.  Also, you might try to see about creating a character thats got loads of sockets,or best you can get, then go go to the vendor and buy anything with at least one bargaining in it... simply having that in your gear at least one per item when you're shopping will tremendously increase what the merchants will offer resulting in equipment that can get you through levels quickly.

Happy to see you here on the boards and enjoying Sacred... welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Go to silver, there's no real benefit in going past level 30 Bronze.

You can get much better drops from boss/champion monsters - they have yellow and blue circles on them

This is pretty useful -

http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/SacredUnderworld/Pages/Misc.html

I'm a big fan of the 'rim valley - gotten good drops. Orc cave is good too if you are in the desert.