Armor Levels in Guild WArs

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Just wanted to know...is there diminishing returns?

I mean...does having, let's say an extra thirty levels of armor, gives us a bonus per level as let's say it did going from al eight to al nine?

I just got me some brand new armor with a boost of twenty to my al...and I"M curious about what to expect.

In sacred...everything had diminshing returns...but I was wondering that in GW becase the level cap is so slow...is there pehaps just a normal progression of levelling in stead of a high level balancing act of dimishing returns?

Thanks!

:4rofl:

gogo

Don't have a clue what a diminishing return is... :mafia:

Armour In Guild Wars doesn't increase with level, it depends completly on what you are holding and wearing, a level 20 could wear armour with an AL of 20 and have less armour than a level 5 wearing AL 60, there are bonuses from weapons etc but thats all

:bomb:

~Doom

Chances are Gogo, that +20 modifier is versus physical damage, thus only applies to physical..it is likely 80 AR versus other types of damage. As a warrior I personally go with Sentinel armor, it does require you keep a 13 strength minimum...however you get a universal 100 AR no matter what type of damage it is. I really depends on the role and tactics and skills you plan to use to which armor is best. I will say to high armor combined with an evasion stance..like Bonnetti's Defense..is an excellent way to increase your survival. As a warrior I would personally never carry more than 3 attacks..4 if I am bringing an interrupt. There are entire articiles written on damage mitigation.

Having said that, there are many damage forms that completely ignore armor...Necro Life Drains...Mesmer attacks..some Elementalists...all condition damage like poison and burning. Any damage over time ignores armor. There is a maximum cap on how much regeneration or degeneration you can have...either +10 or -10 ticks...each tick..if I recall is 2 health per second. The regen/degen is a total sum..meaning the entire sum of regen compaired to your degen in calculated then the cap is applied.

I play primarily as a protection/healing monk, so I tend to study damage and how to try and counter it...it is what I do :) I will say people that know how to blend offense and defense tend to be my favorite people to play with and are the most successful.

p.s. Guild Wars is designed around players being level 20 with access to pretty much the same skills and gear.

Depends on your class spellcasters assassins and warriors need armour the most as spellcasters are weak and warriors and assassins are close combat. If you ask me rangers don't need it as much as everyone else and they get the ridiculous elemental damage bonus

But I shan't complain

:)

~Doom