Ranger Builds

fRACTAL

I use a ranger, my first character was/is a ranger.

He has several builds :3lmao:

R/Mo

Trapper:

Winnowing, Spike Trap(Elite) Dust Trap, Flame Trap, Barbed Trap, Troll Ungeant, Serpents Quickness/Whirling Defense, Rebirth

12+1 Expertise

12+1+3 Wilderness Survival

3+1 Marksmanship

R/E

Icy/Fiery/Shocking/Ebon Barrager:

Barrage,Troll Ungeant, Distracting Shot,Savage Shot, Conjure (flame,frost,earth,lightning) Charm Animal, Comfort Animal

4(Fire,Earth,Water,Air) Magic

3+1 Beast Mastery

8+1 Expertise

9+1 Wilderness Survival

12+1+3 Marksmanship

R/Mo

Ranger/Pet

Barrage,Troll Ungeant, Distracting Shot, Savage Shot, Whirling Defense, Favorable Winds,

Charm Animal, Comfort Animal

7+1 Beast Mastery

8+1 Expertise

8+1 Wilderness Survival

12+1+3 Marksmanship

Theres more but I can't be bothered to post em now

:3lmao:

~Doom

Guest gogoblender

hmmm, I havnet used a ranger yet Tim...but Stargazer and her husband use archers exclusively. And boy are these guys ever good at it!

I'll see if I can get em to post some of their builds here.

:3lmao:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

It looks like you already have some good builds going. I see that you have you R/Mo equipped with some traps. How does that work for you? I personally never had much luck with them, but to each his own.

I just thought I'd list the builds I use with my favorite character, Elwyn Moonwatcher, a R/Mo. I have 2 builds templated for him and both work really well for me. One is set up when he runs his pet ( a level 20 black bear named Furball), and the other one when he runs without a pet. Let me list them for you.

His skills are: Marksmanship 10 + 1 + 1, Wilderness survival 4 + 1, Expertise 5 + 1, Beast Mastery 9, Healing Prayers 10, and Protection Prayers 2.

With pet: Poison Arrow (elite), Forked Arrow, Hunter's Shot, Comfort Animal, Charm Animal, Rebirth, Resurrect, and Heal Area.

Without pet: Poision Arrow (elite), Forked Arrow, Hunter's Shot, Determined Shot, Penetrating Attack, Power Shot, Resurrect, and Heal Area.

I also have him equipped with 2 bows. The first is a max damage longbow, the advantage being I can attack enemies while they are still outside my aggro circle. this is great for pulling. The second is a max damage short bow or half moon. I use this option in close battle conditions, because while the long bow has range, it sacrifices speed. the short or half moon bow, don't have the range, but you can fire faster, which comes in handy for those times when you are being swarmed by baddies. Keep both equipped in weapon sets so you can change back and forth as needed.

When entering into combat, I try to keep Elwyn toward the rear in order to provide covering fire for the melee characters, and also to allow him to use rez/rebirth to bring back the toons that get killed.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. I hope it helps. Good luck! :hugs:

Alan aka Elwyn Moonwatcher