Myles' Gun Dwarf Guide (UW)

I can't find a Dwarf section, so I will put it here for now. I'm sure you can move it when you are ready for it. :blink: Omg I luv the cow!!

---------------------------------------------

This is meant to be a fast simply guide for a build that is as straight forward.

Much to my surprise there are absolutely no guide written here. So I decided it might be helpful for me to put one, however late that might be.

Dwarf is such a fun character, and his skills are very unique. Now I do not like raw melee character, and at first glance Dwarf would be much like a Glad. But in truth a Gun Dwarf rules as well. And I hope I can explain it well here.

Now let's talk about the pro and con about this build.

Pro:

1)Ez kill: When the build is in place you don't need to switch weapon slots or consider enemies' resistance type.

2)Save: Gun dwarf can pick off individual enemy to fight.

3)Perfect aim: Gun shots, unlike arrows, will target whoever you click perfectly. Ex. if you click the shaman, the shot will be at the shaman even if a bunch of melee enemies are in front of the shaman.

4)Cool: Gun with assault skill kinda remind me of the "God Father" movies, no?

5)Specializing: Assault and D. Steel are the CA and D. Tech to dump runes into, no mistake about it. Entrench helps, but is definite secondary (in terms of runes demand).

Con:

1)Lacks crowd control: MH doesn't work well with Gun at all.

2)Need a good gun: Its not meant to be a pun, a good gun is not that ez to locate.

3)Less powerful: melee Dwarf does deal higher raw damages.

4)Damage decrease as distance increase: Another unique feature of Gun is that the damage decrease as you shoot longer distance, I.e. point blank shot is the most damaging distance.

Note:

Gun Dwarf maybe less powerful than Axe Dwarf, but Killing speed wise is not behind simply because the attack speed of guns are much faster. Assault skill with Gun fires even faster.

------------------------------------------------

Gun Dwarf Guide

A. Development and Dressing

1) Skill

2) Attributes

3) Equipments
I. Guns

II. Everything Else

4) Socketing

B. Combat Art

1) Assault

2) Dwarven Steel

3) Entrench

4) Others

A. Development and Dressing

---------------------------

1) Skill:

General Development Lv1 to Lv100

Note:

The set item(s) named provide bonus for that skill. The other class's set bonus are granted by socketing. I'm not familiar with DE, Glad, Vamp, Daemon enough to know their sets by heart.

Weapon Lore

(Goilomn G. Amulet, Goilomn G. set bonus +11, Rideg S. Helmet, BM= Mammon Amulet, Mammon Ring)

maximum (3/4 of level and above)

Constitution

(Thodran A. Helmet, Thodran A. Belt)

moderate (2/4 to 3/4 of level)

Concentration

(Goilomn G. Helmet)

maximum (3/4 of level and above)

Armor

(Kabelrinte set bonus +11, Rideg S. Shoulder)

Range Combat

(Rideg S. Gun, WE= Araelfi Amulet+Ring set bonus +16)

minimum (< 2/4 of level)

Dwarven Lore

(Kabelrinte Armor, Rideg S. set bonus +11)

minimum (< 2/4 of level)

Parrying

(Thar E. shield, WE= Xrystal Amulet+Ring set bonus +14)

Optional

Weapon Tech: Kabelrinte Helmet

Trading: Thar E. Armor, Thar E. Ring, BM= Mammon Amulet+Ring set bonus +20

Forge Lore: Thar E. Helmet, Thar E. Armor, Thar E. Cannon, Thar E. Ring, Thar E. set bonus +11

Disarm:

Agility: Kabelrinte Boot

Note:

It doesn't really matter how the points are allocated per level, my advices are meant only to empathizes the better skills to invest in for the build.

Weapon lore: (base: 3/4 of level and above). The star of any weapon build. I don't think I need to talk more about this.

Constitution: (base: 2/4 to 3/4 of level). This skill is basically a must have for all the characters. But for Dwarf this need not be raise much. Dwarf has alot of HP, in fact if you really like to pump Forge Lore and Trading you may be tempted to skip this. Still even Gun dwarf need a decent amount of HP, so keep the word balance in mind.

Concentration: (lv3: 3/4 of level and above). This skill is taken pretty much for the Assault skill. And believe me you want to make your Assault skill as high lv as possible (but remain under ~5 sec regen).

Armor: (lv6: 2/4 to 3/4 of level). Useful skill obviously. Plus the extra movement speed is very good early game, esp. when Dwarf cannot ride horses.

Range Combat: (lv12: < 2/4 of level). Range combat is not actually as useful as you would think for a Gun Dwarf. Attack speed bonus is a joke, as it will cap w/o the skill very soon (Guns often come with +att speed mod). The attack rating bonus is always welcome however. That said, the main reason I take this skill is for the items that require points in this skill(namely the rings). Really no point is raising it more than required by those items. If you are smart, raise it by item mod and spend your points elsewhere. Bare in mind that Dwarf can't use bow and crossbow, a fact that makes this skill even less useful.

Dwarven Lore: (lv 20: < 2/4 of level). This skill has better return that weapon tech in terms of regen. But then D. Steel does not require a fast regen, only a regen that is lower than the duration. Or, if you carry concentration pot, cast it as a combo and you would careless about regen for D. Steel. That said, later on you would need it to keep Entrench's regen under 15 sec (see the subsection on Entrench).

Parrying: (lv 30: 2/4 to 3/4 of level). Parrying is a very good skill with shield. And Guns are one hand weapon, so Gun Dwarf can enjoy great benefit from this skill. Points are well spent in this skill.

Optional: (lv 50: ?). There is room for varieties here.

Weapon Tech: poorest choice here. Trust me, this build has no use for Weapon Tech skill. Quicker animation doesn't make sense for the Dwarf tech we are using, D. Steel (you cast it before you go into batter)and Entrench (its super quick to cast to start with).

Trading: a very good skill if you are willing to put points into it. Of coz if you take this skill you should have a shopping suit (separate equipment that solely concentrate on +trading and +skills mod). So essentially you don't need to spend that much points for a good return.

Forge Lore: A unique skill only for Dwarf. I personally don't like it, because it has to be kept to same or higher than character lv to have any use. Sure its good to forge anywhere, not to say you can socket MF (one of Dwarf's smith art), still IMO the investment is not justified.

Disarm: Interesting choice here. But bare in mind there aren't much good things to get, and you sure will not land a Gun from opponents. Not useless, but perhaps pointless for this build.

Agility: I have no idea y they make it a lv50 choice. Shouldn't it be something better being the last choice that a Dwarf could get. No, no, no, this skill maybe useful for other class but Dwarf doesn't need the skill. Most Dwarf's items will provide better bonus than this skill in the long run in fact.

Note:

a) Y so late in taking parrying when I think it is a better skill?

1)Little extra points to spend on it at early levels.

2)The defense points that are provided by Dwarf equipments should be adequate enough for those levels (assuming the equipments are constantly updated, and your astro does not indicate terrible luck)

b) On Trading and Forge lore: if you decide to take them you may want to squeeze them in earlier. Trading is available at lv3 and Forge Lore is available at lv20. If you really want both, ditch Range Combat. You can compensate for not able to use anything that require range combat by shopping more often.

c) Y taking Range Combat at lv12 then? If you decide to take this skill, you may as well take it when it means more. Taking Range combat at lv 50 is weird, chances are you already capped attack speed and have a decent attack rating by then. May as well choose something else.

Development Lv100 and on

Weapon Lore, Concentration, and Armor: Suffering very diminished return by now. You, however, may still want to continue the max on concentration just for the Assault.

Trading or/and Forge Lore: They are probably the place to dump the points into (if you didn't do so already).

Constitution and Parrying: Remain somewhat useful IMO, you simply cannot have too much HP and Defense points.

D. Lore: May or may not be depend on Entrench (since its duration cap at 15sec). D. Steel probably is still fairly ez to manage.

Everything else: forget them! (unless you absolute did not invest in them, say 1 point Disarm)

2) Attributes:

Lv 1 to 10: All points into physical regen. This makes the early level a bit more bearable.

Lv 11 and onward: 1 point of Dexterity/ 1 point of Phys. Regen.

The Phys. Regen raise the HP and decrease the regen time on Assault, while the Dex increase damage. Straight forward enough IMO.

Note:

Y nothing on Strength?

1)Dwarf has a decent amount of that.

2)It doesn't raise damage for a Gun Dwarf.

3)Your attacking rating depend on equipment and D. Steel, not Strength.

3) Equipments:

I. Guns:

As you know there are two types of what I call Guns: muskets and pistols.

Pistols: Have better default attack speed (AKA faster firing animation). Usually comes with attack speed mod. Also, Pistols are more likely to carry fire damage.

Muskets: More likely to have sockets. Tend to have higher damage (physical) than Pistols. More likely to have attack rating and +attack rating % mods (and bigger amount).

Note:

The attack speed different will not be significant when you cap the attack speed, so in the long run musket probably has greater potential except when a pistol carries fire damage. Muskets almost never carry non-physical damage type. And overall it is virtually impossible to find a poison Gun, I never seen one myself. I'm not sure about magic damage, I didn't pay attention on that.

As you probably guessed from these small intro on Guns, the single most challenge of this build is to have a continue supply of good gun. The build is not bad at all, trust me, but during the first 30 levels you will find yourself lacking non-physical damage. And your D. Steel is probably not good enough to bypass enemies' physical Resistance at these level.

There are no way to avoid that but to shop (and maybe pray) often, or ask a HC buddy for a Rideg S. set Gun they probably don't use. :D

Note:

Don't bother to find Guns that have better damage than axes, coz you will be utterly disappointed. Again, Gun Dwarf kills with fast attack speed and perfect aim, not brutal power.

II. Everything Else:

Personally I depend solely on Thar E. Gauntlets on Leech, since the best set for Gun Dwarf is Rideg S. and its complete bonus (resist root) is quite useless.

Other than that I watch for the mod in this sequences: +RSM, +Critical, +Attack rating, +experience, +MF, everything else. And don't worry that you will be ignoring basic stat., because a equipment that comes with great +RSM most likely has decent stat. for the item (ex. a boot with great +RSM likely comes with decent +speed or/and +physical regen).

4) Socketing:

Socketing deserves much attention if you want the Gun build to success, but the logic is really simple and you probably realize it already.

That is, socketing rings that provides magic or/and poison damages. Fire too if you cannot find a Rideg S. Gun. Dwarf's Equipment inventory allow many spaces for socketing, and you will do just that with plenty of damage rings. And many damage ring (esp. set) carries critical, always a plus. Gun Dwarf loves a Rideg S. Gun sure, but aim to not depend on finding this Gun, nor on Guns even.

Your socketing priority is damage, damage, and damage (I count critical in the damage category). The best defend is offense, and it is so true on this build. If your equipment provides no leech, maybe some vamp runes. If Assault's regen needs to be lower, maybe some +RSM. But do not bother with Resistance and everything else, Dwarf's equipment provide decent amount of that. If your Resistance is not enough you compensate that with Entrench, so do not waste socket space.

MF is tempting, and some people are big fan of that. I for one doesn't quite fancy it, if they come along +RSM and damage fine, otherwise I don't bother with it. The base MF is pitiful, who cares if you have +500% MF, still not impressive. My philosophy is killing lands you great items, not fancy mod.

B. Combat Art

Note:

I listed the Dwarf set(s) that add to the CA/D. Tech.

1) Assault

(Rideg S. Armor)

The brightest star of the build. Make it as high as possible, with regen lower than 5sec. Make a combo of 4X of it for tough opponents. And well blast away.

2) Dwarven Steel

(Kabelrinte Shoulder)

Perfect compliment for Gun Dwarf. Guns favor physical damage, and this D. Tech reduce enemies' physical resistances. Plus it raise Attack Rating.

Just keep the regen lower than the duration, and it is not difficult to do so.

3) Entrench

(Goilomn G Armor, Kabelrinte Belt)

This is a funny D. Tech. It provides you impressive boost on Defense Rating and all types of Resistance for a 15 sec max. imprisonment. Well worth the non-moving btw. Its casting animation is super fast, do don't worry about that. Just don't try to tank too much by casting this, you may regret that decision (say when a drag blows its fire onto you).

Since Entrench cap in 15 sec duration, later on it may becomes harder to keep its regen under, that's y I recommend you to take D. Lore but not dump points into it early.

The best way to use Entrench is to gather a bunch of enemies, cast Entrench, and blast away. Again, just don't get too cocky.

4) Others

There is no need for other CA/D. Tech. But some can be good help if you like them. I don't use other CAs simply because they work against Assault's timer. And specializing is a better way to go in sacred, since rune drop decrease as you read more.

CA:

War Cry: Not bad at all. If casting multiple aura is not a pain for you, by all means use it. Note: cast it as a combo is probably better (if you cast D. Steel as a combo, make War Cry's regen similar and add it to the combo). It is party friendly too, although only half the amount (beside they probably like D. Steel better).

Heavy Blow: Dwarf's Hard Hit (I really don't understand y they don't just call it that). Its good, no doubt. But Assault is better, and can stand alone. I say its better to concentrate on Assault. Your choice.

Battle Rage: Not quite as good as you may think. The simple reason is that Rage is hard to maintain, if not impossible. And the injuries increase damage is basically a beaten version of WIDD. Add that to your aura combo if you must, but make sure they have similar duration. My advice is don't bother. It spread your runes distribution, and really you have little need for "rage".

Wrath: No, no, No!! Multi-hit with Gun is a joke. It simple hit each opponents once, and no more than once. Go try it if you don't believe me, you will just ROFL.

Edit: I granted that MH has its strength after reading the other guide, but not in this build. MH has better use with constant moving, which isn't the case in here (Entrench). A different route and play style I suppose.

D. Tech:

Greed: Well your choice, this is simply a unique and weird skill. Not saving useless, just weird. And cast it as aura combo if you fancy it. Just don't get too greedy. :bow: Dying is not worth it, never.

Landmine/Flame Thrower/Cannon Blast: They all give decent damage, and you may want to have a few levels in Cannon blast or Landmine to help out when you are in a tight spot. But really all three of them are individual builds all their own. I believe in specializing in Sacred, my opinion is to keep your eyes on Assault. I do have a Miner, mind you (ok bad joke :P), but a Gun Dwarf should not bother too much with these.

D. Armor: Yet another aura!! Its not bad, just not as good as Entrench. But then this really is an aura you can carry around. Still, my advice is pick either Entrench or this, using both is overkill.

Mortar Grenade: This is good on paper, bad on everything else. Slow to cast. Slow progression. And its long distance only, meaning either you one hit kill, which is unlikely, or continue the fight with something else. Thus making no sense for anyone to choose it to start with. If this is a war game where you have to defend a place or an area, sure this skill is much needed. But Sacred? no place at all. Worst character skill ever!!

This is meant to be a short guide. Questions and comments are welcome. I'm active on the forum usually, if not I probably is too bz ;). Post anyway and I'm sure others will give you a decent reply anyway.