To Happiness and Liberation

To happiness and Liberation

G- is my main man. The man. It has been a very long time since we hung out together- and we both matured. He quit smoking, and started to plan for his next big step in life. I am glad for him because he has not been happy for a while both with his parents (who do not want to listen their kids wants and needs) and with his job.

A few weeks ago, G- decided to quit his job, after having quit his another job. Do not get me wrong- he is not a immature man- In fact he is very cultured, smart, and classy. After all, he did go to Mcgill (so am I; no self promo intended /sweat ) and LCC- which are two of the elite schools in Montreal.

However, G- wanted to bring happiness in life- he wants to do what he likes to do- and I am very glad for him. I remember at a time when I was facing the same problem I had to make a choice: I was going to college- I did not want to follow whatever my parents want- instead I chose subjects that will probably get no jobs- my family was furious.

Later on, when I plan to move out, my parents played the same psychological warfare....(it didn't work, I was adamant about knowing what I want)

Anyways I feel very in sync with his life- because we definitely felt the need to be happy- to be us- to be whatever reality we feel in-to trust our own instincts that become extremely elliptic as the time goes by.

The problem in nowadays society- is to conform to the happiness that pleases each other- and in turn we suppress our emotions too much- sometimes to a certain extent you do not feel what exactly you want.

It is as if you do know anymore of yourself. (Do you believe that is true?)

G and I decided to go to a very nice cigar lounge tonight- to celebrate life.

We both agreed- that in a certain time (I am still young) we like the simple things in life- talking at restaurant, chillaxing at a coffee shop, having a beer in park- clubbing is nothing to us anymore.

The Lounge usually features jazz at night- and the cover is about 20-25 bux! - it's called be-bop on st-denis. (After May 31st all public places smoking will be disallowed, except smoking cigars at this lounge; this lounge, if I didn't emphasize enuff, is exclusive to cigar smoking).

It is a lounge where you relax, and be yourself. There's no pressure. Only friendliness- A nice community like this one- There is no dress code- some people are in suit, some in jeans....

We sat in nice confortable seats, made of futon- and we smoked cigars- drink alcoholic apple cider, and jagermeister (dunno the spelling)- for hours. It was life- it is a standard of living we would like to maintain- (I had a partagas- it smells really good, tastes bitter though- I am very thirsty- I couldn't finish it so I brought the lil cigar home, and some really cool matches (3) that can lit fire in any surface)

It is the kind place where you would feel yourself liberating- and feel happy. At then end, when we left, I just couldn't help but tell the owner how nice this club made me feel. (He might not have heard me since he smoke 8-9 cigars a day). By this time I was high enuff to jump off the roof!!

Before on my way home, I had a taro reading at www.taro.com

It says exactly what I have been doing all along (CREEPY! eh ?) It gives me one advice- and that I have been trying to do all along- it wasn't obvious sinceI do not have thoughs anymore- but sometimes I look inward and try to understand what I want.

And, I am sure that G- does the same :) Again, I am happy that he is happy about the choice he is making- good luck to him!

Question:

How about you guys? do you feel sometimes oppressed and need to feel liberated ? Are you happy with your life? do you feel your emotions suppressed ? or suppressed so much that you barely feel what you truly want ?