Looking for some opinions...

Dobri

I need some opinions, guys... That seraphim that was tanking the guardians on the last kami is down to her last 2 skill picks and I can't quite make out what they should be. I'm still 43, so there is time, but I'm at a crossroad... I have ideas, but I'm open for more :)

So far I have this:

1. Tactics

2. Armor lore

3. Dual wield

4. Exalted Focus

5. Combat reflexes

6. Constitution

7. Toughness

8. Speed Lore (I think no close combat build can go wrong with some additional atk/def values, the move speed is just a side bonus)

Right now I'm pushing towards a mastery in tactics, dual wield and armor lore, and I'm adding the spare points in combat reflexes, constitution and exalted focus. The attribute points go to a rate of 80%-20% in vitality and willpower. Damage isn't an issue at all :)

I would like to make it clear from the beginning... I will not take sword or hafted lore. I have a nice stockpile of one handed unique weapons that do not require a specific lore to open up any modifiers, so a weapon lore is out of the question.

My first idea is to take spell resistance and some utility skill. Riding or enhanced perception

My second idea is to take spell resistance and combat discipline. This would be a rather strong build with a lot of damage and all a lot of protection from pretty much everything that can hit me.

My last idea was something I picked up while reading leftnut's guide. Although he only used radiant pillar (he didn't write anything about CB), I can take concentration + celestial focus and make a 2-buff build with modded Cleansing Brilliance for opponents atk speed decrease (third mod for area of effect increase) and pillar for reduction in attack values in a rather good area (second mod for area increase). This will give the mobs lower chance to hit me as long as I slap the pillar right on top of me :)

Generally, the shopper seraphim is out of the question, since the BFG is doing some nice work anyway... So many options and so few skills :) In times like these I wish there are some kind of an option like the subclass system in Lineage 2... Say, once you hit 150, you get the option to save your build as it is, respec, and start from a lower level, like 50 and try out a different version of the toon - or a different class for example, but still be able to revert to the old toon. But enough daydreaming for now :D

Edited by Dobri

That was one thing I remembered from Kami--your seraphim was pretty tough.

Sorry, I can't offer any help, but I am so going to try another dual sword seraphim based off your current skills.

I thought Spell Resistance was bugged by patch 2.34 and had not been fixed in 2.40?

Far as I was aware the spell resistance part was not working though the chance to evade spell criticals and the mastery bonus were working. :D

Hard for me to comment...my latest Seraphim is a Sacred 2 version of how I played in the original Sacred.

Tactics

Exalted Focus

Dual Wield

Armor Lore

Combat Reflexes

Constitution

Celestial Magic Lore

Celestial Magic Focus

Concentration

Spell Resistance (optional with another skill)

The premise is Celestial magic is a stong complent offensively and defensively.

Hallowed Restoration can not only provide incredible healing it can also make you temporarily immune to damage over time as well and reducing negative effect times of certain effects.

Radiant Pillar aside from adding supplimental, sustained area damage, can also be modified to reduce foe attack rating while inside the pillar.

Cleansing may only do damage to Undead and T-Energy creatures...it can however be modified to constantly reduce the attack speed of any foe within its radius.

My recommendations. Perhaps add Celestial Magic Lore..that alone even without focus can modifed Restoration and Pillar to be very useful to you.

Reverse Technology dabbling can also be useful for Divine protection and Flaring Nova.

Avoidance is the primary defense of a Seraphim.

Edited by Cygnus