Why was the color loot system changed in xbox 360 version?

I bought this for the xbox 360 yesterday. I still plan to play this for hundreds of hours and I'm loving it right now, but come on, you can't change the color loot system and substitute some stupid "4 star" system to indicate how rare loot is. You just can't do that.

There is nothing like playing this sort of genre, and see an ultra rare colored item drop, say for an example, an orange legendary item (I think legendaries are orange here) drop. That one second you first see it, feels really great.

Now we get nothing but stars to show how rare loot is? Come on....

I'm loving this, but I'm disappointed with no colors for the text on gear anymore.

Hi flamechamp,

I don't know for the colors but for the stat overview, from what I've heard the Reason is the limited space for information.

Maybe it's related.

Hi flamechamp,

I don't know for the colors but for the stat overview, from what I've heard the Reason is the limited space for information.

Maybe it's related.

owch

that's a drag

:sigh:

gogo

I bought this for the xbox 360 yesterday. I still plan to play this for hundreds of hours and I'm loving it right now, but come on, you can't change the color loot system and substitute some stupid "4 star" system to indicate how rare loot is. You just can't do that.

There is nothing like playing this sort of genre, and see an ultra rare colored item drop, say for an example, an orange legendary item (I think legendaries are orange here) drop. That one second you first see it, feels really great.

Now we get nothing but stars to show how rare loot is? Come on....

I'm loving this, but I'm disappointed with no colors for the text on gear anymore.

now some people on gamefaqs are saying the xbox 360 version has the set items being colored. I really wish somebody could confirm this.

and what do you mean by stat overview because of limited space for information?

and what do you mean by stat overview because of limited space for information?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 360 version. I have acquired numerous set items for my Dryad, none of which are colored. The star system works like this. no star- cheap, 1 star-moderate, 2 star-good, 3 star-unique/set, 4 star-legendary. as for the color system. white-useable, red-unusable, brown-too high level. and thats about it.

I have the 360 version, too, and I'll back up the previous poster that set items are not distinguished from regular items in any way EXCEPT:

1. They have 3 stars (though I didn't know they were stars, they look like round dots on my crappy non-HD TV), where "normal items have none, one or two.

2. If you look at the detailed item info, it lists the item name first, then the set name on the next line, THEN AN EMPTY LINE OF SPACE, before listing off the item's attributes. I have yet to see any other in-game items with a line of space in their item details. Trivial, I know, but it's twice kept me from accidentally selling off an item that I didn't initially realize was a set piece. "Hey, why is there an empty line......Ooooooh!!" ;D

From what I can tell, the game rates things more like this:

0 star = crappy, white loot or starter items

1 star = basic magical items

2 star = decent or uncommon magical items

3 star = set (possibly unique, I don't think I've found any yet)

4 star = legendary (I have to assume this, as I haven't found any 4-star loot yet)

I agree that this system sucks royally compared with colored text for item names. I have trouble believing that it would have been THAT hard to code for the different colors, as the loot names ARE colored red for unusable items, even on the Xbox 360 version of the game. :sigh:

The problem with the star system is that unless you're careful to pay attention to the stars, all of the loot looks very homogenous, and it's much easier to accidentally "overlook" a piece of really good loot. As I said above, I very nearly sold off a couple of pieces of sets simply because I didn't notice they were that good, and there was nothing to make them stand out in my inventory list. It takes a LOT of the fun out of the loot collecting for a hack'n'slash when all the loot ends up seeming the same. :)

Also, to the previous poster who mentioned that this new loot system is a "trade out," tell me what exactly we got "in trade" for losing the loot colors and relic holder and other features from the PC game? Aside from the ease of playing the game using a controller while laying on a couch? :)