The Cooking Dr

My family is good for ONE thing and thats Food lol!

I come from a line of chefs n restauranteers... I am even writing my own cook book based on moods!

Cool huh its called Mood For Thought! Inside I have tons of recepies that can actually alter your mood, and recepies for the mood u are in!

I am a chef at heart and I love the hard stuff more then the easy stuff but I probably have or can find anything you're hungry for!

I will post yummy recepies often and hopefully get some requests. I will also post a difficulty rating for u so u will know what you're getting into! lmao /rofl

*singing* Yummy Yummy I got Heathers Recepies in my Tummy!!

/woot

This is excellent...hope you don't mind me asking about random ingredients and seeing where you can go with them...but ...it's soo easy to get stuck making the same old stuff...so something new with everyday stuff would be wicked!

Yayyy...Ok here's one for you...I have some yummy Risotto rice...a fair chunk of parma ham....cream....assortment of herbs and spices and stuff lol

Surfsidesgirl...run with it...I like it simple and quick...what can I do ?

/yay

ok u need a lemon and capers, and canned artichokes if u like, some angel hair pasta or whatver u have or like and Chablis if u

want to take it a step further.

Bring the cream to a slow boil and then add in a little wine and lemon juice to your liking.. u need to do this part first cause is needs to thiken. maybe 30 min. while u get the rest done.

Boil the pasta

By the time the pasta is almost done

slice the ham very thin and into small pieces,

put a little oil in the pan and toast up the ham capers and I like to add mushrooms get that cooked up all nice, add the artichokes for a minute and put to the side.

Make sure you're pasta is done and pour the cream over it and add the meat. You can use as much ham as u like, or a little bit and cook up some chicken for the top of the pasta. and mix it all up! whala

Lemon Chicken Scallopini! In a nut shell lol! I have a longer more detailed recipe but that will take about an hr to make.. Oh and my favorite thing is to take diff ingredients and make something GREAT

OMG...I am drooling...if it wasn't for the lateness of the hour I'd be in the kitchen now!!

Thanks sooo much Gangstah Lady!! You are amazing!

/hug

best thing is I have those ingredients all except the artichokes...woot shop tomorrow! but lol what do I with em I have to admit I only ever bought one fresh and it ended up very bizarre...are the tinned ones easier to deal with?

they are VERY hard to deal with! the best thing is to get the jarred ones. not can but jar if there is a choice. And drain them and only cook them for a few seconds. I will get u the real ingredients since u are going to the store...

Chicken

2 1/2 pounds chicken breast (pounded thin)

2 ounces olive oil

8 ounces sliced mushrooms

2 lemons (halved)

4 ounces heavy whipping cream

4 artichokes

4 teaspoons parsley

12 ounces lemon sauce

20 ounces angel hair pasta

8 tablespoons fried pancetta *which is basically the same as your ham! so no need to buy if u can chop it up real small

4 tablespoons fried capers

(do you remember you need to do this way First. In fact if your home cook it an hour or 2 ahead to get it to thicken the most! I always have a problem getting it to thicken, you can get a packet of alfredo and use a little of that powder not much and it will thicken better

Lemon Sauce

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1 quart Chablis

3 teaspoons butter

1 quart whipping cream

1 tablespoon thyme

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

Chicken: Heat sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil and heat. Add chicken pieces to sauté pan and sauté on each side for one minute (or until no longer pink). Add sliced mushrooms to sauté pan and sauté with chicken for an additional minute. When mushrooms are cooked, squeeze juice from lemons into sauté pan and coat the chicken with juice (ensure there are no seeds). Add cream to pan and stir to incorporate. Bring to a boil. Cut artichoke halves in half again lengthwise, add to pan and cook for 15 seconds. Remove pan from heat. Add parsley and stir to incorporate. Add lemon sauce and stir to incorporate. DO NOT RETURN PAN TO HEAT/FLAME.

Sauce: Boil Chablis to reduce to 2 cups. Add lemon juice, butter and melt slowly. Add whipping cream and simmer on low heat until thickened. Add spices and cool to room temperatures.

In large bowl, twirl pasta into a nest. Sprinkle chicken pieces against pasta and pour remaining contents of pan on and around the chicken. Sprinkle pancetta and capers over the entire dish. Garnish with chopped parsley.

TaDa good luck and let me know how u like it, it is actually one of OUR favorite dishes!

So today we are going to do a simple and flavorful meal!

RED MEAT YAAAAAYYYYY lol Sorry if anyone is vegan or vegitatarian. I do have some great recipes for you though like honey Kabobs... we'll get to those later!!

So this one requires a little bit of fresh ingredients. Which there are always substitutes but will never taste like its meant to!

You will need a Charcoal grill prefferably, gas will work and so will a Greg Forman and even a stovetop will work. But to get the best taste use what you have, they are in order from best to if u have too's lol!

/rofl /rofl /rofl /rofl /rofl /rofl /rofl

ok and for the best part!!

Rosemary Lemon Kabobs

zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-inch slices

large yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-inch slices

1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed and tops removed

Bulb Onions or Large Sliced Onions (remember these are kabobs)

Small whole or halved mushrooms

1 lemon, juiced

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, eyeball it

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it

Course Salt and preferred pepper

24 stems fresh rosemary, 6 to 8-inch lengths

Kabob sticks (must be soaked in water for over an hour so they wont burn)

( you will have to grill the meat on the wooden sticks due to the fact that the rosemary stems will not hold the heavy meat alone.

Preheat grill, pan over high heat.

Combine zucchini, yellow squash, onions, mushrooms, meat, and tomatoes in a bowl, along with a chopped Rosemary stem. Dress veggies with lemon, vinegar and oil, salt and Peppper. Wet rosemary in a bowl of water for 5-8 minutes. Layer your meat on the wooden sticks about a half an inch away from each other and take a stem and wrap it around the meat from top to bottom and place on grill. With a brush paste lemon dressing. Thread veggies on rosemary from the bottom of the stems. Fill rosemary stems and place them on the hot grill. Transfer to a serving plate when finished.

A great side dish is buttery mashed potatoes and chopped rosemary instead of chives.

Sorry its so formal Im basically cutting and pasting from my book and adding some extra thought to it!

Have fun I hope you enjoy! Difficulty is a 4 out of 10 the hardest part to this is cooking the meat right to your taste lol! Cook time about 15 minutes Prepare time about 20 minutes (if that)

wow that was time consuming lol! I need a drink... Anyone with me? /beers

Heads off to tha BaR

/drool Oh that sounds so goood SurfsidesGirl /drool

I am gonna try it this weekend for sure!

Any particular meat you would recommend?

I am loving this thread more and more :)

Can you tell I have a thing for food:)

/rofl

And I will definetely join you for a drink /beers

Cheerz Aurora

/rofl Y AY /woot

I am a bit hungry now- That's an awesome post-

I wonder what can you do with these ingredients.

I have yogurt. Maize. zucchini. enhanced spaghetti sauce ( /whistle ) and bread ....

Do you think I can make a vegetarian pizza out it :) /viking :Mafia2:

/rofl Y AY /woot

I am a bit hungry now- That's an awesome post-

I wonder what can you do with these ingredients.

I have yogurt. Maize. zucchini. enhanced spaghetti sauce ( /whistle ) and bread ....

Do you think I can make a vegetarian pizza out it :) /viking :Mafia2:

/beers /drool /whistle

SURE with maybe the yogurt on the side lol!

If you have cheese I would take the bread put a small amnt of sauce with some seasoning, added that you may have basil oregeno salt pepper rosemary thyme garlic any of or all of those.

Slice the Zuchini real thin and whole slices. shave the Maize and there will probably be more leftover then u need. and either put it on top or under the cheese. some people are picky about that! u can cut in into slices for entertaining or just for easier eating purposes. I am imagining that you have french bread or something thick enough to hold the sauce and veggies. And I dont know what kind of yogurt u have but if it is plain you might try mixing a little into the sauce for a creamier effect... *not sure how this will be tho do a little to taste test! *

OK all for now I will be back on in a little while for the recipe of the day! yay! /thumbsup

/wub RECIPE OF THE DAY! /wub

This is one of me and Surfs favorite meals! Its a little time consuming Id say about 30 min prepare and 25 minute cooking. Good on a Day your off and you can prepare at your leisure. I usually do it all in one sitting takes about an hour all together.

this is pretty detailed of a recipe. You can do it one of two ways. Crunchy or semi crunchy lol ... basically baked or Fried! they both taste so good u can hardly taste the difference. You can use Chicken, Steak, Or beef (hamburger meat) depending on what u like better they all taste GREAT!

Heathers Poco Pollo

Flour tortillas

Cream cheese

Salsa

Cheddar Cheese

Oil

1 Onion, Pepper, & Tomato chopped

Jasmine Rice ( or whatever rice u have or like, this is our fav. so its what I use.. has a distinct flavor and smell very good. Its Thai food. )

Egg

Green chilies

Chicken or steak

Cook the Rice add salt and pepper to taste

Add all veggies

Cook Meat on stove to taste

Add meat to Rice in large bowl and set aside off stove to cool

Start heating up oil in frying pot. You will be dipping the tortillas in it.

Beat 2 eggs in a small bowl

Lay 1 tortilla flat on the table and add 2 spoonfuls of meat & rice mix

Roll the tortilla away from you to cover the mix only. *so it should be folded once and around the middle of the tortilla.

Fold the sides of the tortilla inwards and continue to roll away from you. So you should have what looks like a small burrito. Dip a brush into the egg and brush the egg alongside the edge of the tortilla so it will all stick together. Lay on a baking sheet with the seal side down and continue on. Remember to save some tortillas for your chips.

After you are done folding them up, your oil should be ready. Start with the first wrap you made and continue down the line. This give the ones you made last time to seal completely. If it is not sealed then set aside.

**They WILL come undone easily in the oil so give them plenty of time to seal well. There are times where you will have to hold some together in the oil with a spatula or something along those lines** ( slice up the remaining tortillas and use them to fry up for dipping*

Lay the Fried wraps in a glass pan seal down still. Paste cream cheese over the whole wrap. All of them! Then cover whole pan in cheddar cheese. Bake until melted. Serve with sour cream and salsa and homemade tortilla chips.

It can take a few tries to get this, but it taste good every time! AND CHEESY! YUMMY!

Keep the questions coming! I love em! One of my favorite things to do is raid the cabinets and fridge and find stuff that no one would ever think of and make a great meal!! Hook it UP!! lol now its time for a little /beers

Thought I'd give the sweet tooth a break here! These are 2 GREAT dessert recipe's very simple as well!

and one I made over the weekend.... sooo simple. Get you fave berries and fruits. cut them up peel them put them in a bowl with 1 cup sugar and a little pinapple juice, let sit till sugar is desolved. Pour out excess juice and serve and eat!

Fruit Kabobs :P

Grill sliced pineapple, apple, bananas, grapes, strawberries, assorted berries of your choice, on kabobs.

They only need to be grilled for a few minutes. Pineapple more than others. Brush Honey onto kabobs before and after removing it from the frill to the plate. Makes an excellent side dish or dessert. To boost your happy level add a little melted chocolate to dip it into!

Special Apples /wub

6 large tart green Granny Smith apples

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Dash of ground nutmeg

In Pour apples evenly into the skillet. Sprinkle with lemon juice, brown sugar and salt. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, until apples are tender and juicy. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.