SW melee weapon choice?

I'm starting a new SW (ended up dumping a ton of skill points into Blacksmith before discovering that skill is bugged on the consoles). I'm going dual wielding just for the style. Anyway, my question is, what is the best weapon choice for a DW SW? I like swords, but with my last (first) character, it seemed like hafted weapons dropped a lot more often than one handed swords. Anyone have any advice?

I use a massive flaming 2 handed axe that has "sick midevil" look written all over it....

Oh and it hits like a tanks cannon.

Oh and 2 handed hammers! Massive damage plus minus physical % damage to armor!

Oh! and you can add flames to it as well!

I go with swords because I like quicker attacks and I as far as I know the officers saber is the only 1 handed weapon with 3 gold slots.

So that's 6 gold slots if you dual wield :)

Edited by stubbie

There are quite a few good hammers or polearms...typically most people go dual or weapon/shield because of attack speed and/or more possible sockets

I use a massive flaming 2 handed axe that has "sick midevil" look written all over it....

Oh and it hits like a tanks cannon.

Oh and 2 handed hammers! Massive damage plus minus physical % damage to armor!

Oh! and you can add flames to it as well!

I use a 2h Axe purely for looks and because its my first character and I am just learning the game. ;)

If you are going to dual wield I wouldn't suggest taking sword or hafted since they don't stack. If you take dual you can use any one handed weapon...sword or hafted. Just save the skill slot for something else. IMHO.

I'm starting a new SW (ended up dumping a ton of skill points into Blacksmith before discovering that skill is bugged on the consoles). I'm going dual wielding just for the style. Anyway, my question is, what is the best weapon choice for a DW SW? I like swords, but with my last (first) character, it seemed like hafted weapons dropped a lot more often than one handed swords. Anyone have any advice?

What do you mean by there is a bug on the console verison. I have made that a skill on my SW and I could never figure out how to use it. Do you mean to say that it is now a worthless skill that seves on purpose on my game?