Trying two Melee builds...

I got my Ice HE to about 52 before I tired of both the playstyle and the way Glacial Thorns operates on consoles. As such, I'm going to try two melee builds and see how they work out. Advice and recommendations would be nice.

(I'm really picky about the way things look on a list, so this is the order I'm choosing them in even if it's not ideal for the first 75 levels.)

DW seraphim Shopper:

Exalted Focus

Tactics Lore

Dual Wield

Armor Lore

Toughness

Constitution

Combat Reflexes

Combat Discipline (or anything, really)

Bargaining

Enhanced Perception

Antitrust's build on the forums with a minor change. I'm usually not one to flock to a common build, but I really love Dashing Alacrity.

Devout Warden TG:

Devout Focus

Warden Focus

Warden Lore

Tactics Lore

Armor Lore

Toughness

Constitution

Concentration

Combat Reflexes

Combat Discipline

I'm not a fan of 1-button builds (even though almost every build eventually becomes one late-game) so I'm trying this out to see if it meshes well.

Thanks in advance.

On a side note, I'm wondering if there are any other builds that aren't focused on one aspect? I find that I like how most classes play at lower levels, when they aren't developed enough to focus on one aspect. The result is that I'm constantly alternating between all aspects while the cooldowns between them finish. It's a much more enjoyable experience IMO, but I can't think of any viable late-game builds that would have that same feel (besides perhaps the Devout Warden TG mentioned above?). Any advice on that front?

I don't feel like I have enough experience yet with the game to offer any kind of meaningful advice, but your suggested builds look interesting, so I'll definitely wish you good luck, and if you try them out, please keep us posted and let us know how they work for you in actual play. :D

As far as using more than one CA aspect, again, I haven't gotten any characters to a high enough level to know whether it would work late-game or not, but the following strategy has proven useful to me at lower levels:

If possible, try to pick the one (or two) CA aspects from which you will take the majority of your "active" (non-buff) Combat Arts, and then try to use the buff from one of the OTHER aspects. That way you minimize the impact of your buff on the CAs you'll be using most often. For example, I've tried to do this with my current seraphim, who predominantly uses Exalted Warrior and Celestial Magic attacks and spells, but uses Warding Energy as her buff. My plan is to socket runes and use +CA items to increase the power of Warding Energy without actually spending any skill points on Revered Technology, and focusing my upgrades and skill-based power increases on EW and CM. As I progress further in the game I may find that I have to focus exclusively on EW *or* CM for my damage-dealing, but I still plan to use Warding Energy as my buff, to try to keep regen times down on my main Combat Arts.

I'm sure this is probably elementary build strategy, and not a huge revelation, but I thought I would throw it out there for those who may not have thought of it yet. :BlobRed: