Console patch (First round) is up!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...sole_Patch_List

The following will be fixed with this patch, among a few other things:

· Player-Trade on a single console added

· Preparation for future DLC via the new implemented in-game marketplace added. This also affects the IMP that will be available after Microsoft has done some internal changes tonight. Please try this out later today.

· A change to the save game routine has been made to avoid a loss of the user’s save game (if this ever happens)

· A fix for a teleport problem when entering a specific dungeon (“Undead Legion” quest)

· A fix for a calculation problem in the leaderbards has been added

· Changed the names of the invite option from “everybody”/”friends only” to “public”/“private”

Another patch with some more fixes is in approval and available shortly through the wonderful Xbox Live services. We will keep you updated.

Greetz Tom

Add by Christiane:

The PS3 patch will take a little while longer, but will follow as soon as Sony gives the "ok" for it.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=620926

Edited by Unaki

I downloaded it about an hour ago, so it's live. :twitch:

As a side note, when I downloaded it, Xbox Live did NOT show it listed under Game Add-On downloads, I was only able to download it by inserting the Sacred 2 game disc and starting the game....then I got the prompt from XBL that new content was available, and was able to download it.

I only had about 20 minutes before I needed to head to work, so I didn't get the chance to try out any of the updates (I'm especially excited about the single console co-op trading--YAY!), but here's hoping it works smoothly. :)

I downloaded it about an hour ago, so it's live. :twitch:

As a side note, when I downloaded it, Xbox Live did NOT show it listed under Game Add-On downloads, I was only able to download it by inserting the Sacred 2 game disc and starting the game....then I got the prompt from XBL that new content was available, and was able to download it.

I only had about 20 minutes before I needed to head to work, so I didn't get the chance to try out any of the updates (I'm especially excited about the single console co-op trading--YAY!), but here's hoping it works smoothly. :)

Updates arent add-ons. All game updates are prompted when you insert the disc into the console and start it up. This added no new content, just fixed some stuff.

Can someone please copy+paste the changes in the patch to this forum? Most other sites are blocked at work and I can't follow the links. Thanks.

-- 64 Shadow Warrior *Dual Wield* [PS3] --

Here's the text from the patch info link:

· Preparation for future DLC via the new implemented in-game marketplace added. This also affects the IMP that will be available after Microsoft has done some internal changes tonight. Please try this out later today.

· A change to the save game routine has been made to avoid a loss of the user’s save game (if this ever happens)

· A fix for a teleport problem when entering a specific dungeon (“Undead Legion” quest)

· Changed the names of the invite option from “everybody”/”friends only” to “public”/“private”

Another patch with some more fixes is in approval and available shortly through the wonderful Xbox Live services. We will keep you updated.

Greetz Tom

I'm at work, so I can't confirm this in the game myself at the moment, but I read on another forum that BOTH profiles still have to be logged into XBL Gold memberships for the trading to work.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Edit: Also, I've read reports on the TeamXbox forum for Sacred 2 that the new patch causes the RB radial menu to be very unresponsive. As in, you press RB to bring up the menu, but then you have to press A several times before the menu registers that you've selected something. I definitely noticed this in the 10 minutes I played with the new patch installed this morning. Anyone else notice it?

Edited by Tallera257
I'm at work, so I can't confirm this in the game myself at the moment, but I read on another forum that BOTH profiles still have to be logged into XBL Gold memberships for the trading to work.

Edit: Also, I've read reports on the TeamXbox forum for Sacred 2 that the new patch causes the RB radial menu to be very unresponsive. As in, you press RB to bring up the menu, but then you have to press A several times before the menu registers that you've selected something. I definitely noticed this in the 10 minutes I played with the new patch installed this morning. Anyone else notice it?

Thats just your game lagging.

And you have to be at least silver to trade

No problems with RB radial yet.

Also, I've read reports on the TeamXbox forum for Sacred 2 that the new patch causes the RB radial menu to be very unresponsive. As in, you press RB to bring up the menu, but then you have to press A several times before the menu registers that you've selected something. I definitely noticed this in the 10 minutes I played with the new patch installed this morning. Anyone else notice it?

I beg your pardon, but you're mistaken. I've played a lot of this game in the past week, and up until I applied the patch, the response from the radial menu was as instantaneous as any dedicated gamer could wish. As soon as the patch was applied, the responsiveness of the RB radial menu immediately dropped noticeably. There was no lag in the game at the time.

Please don't assume you know better than the person who has seen a particular aspect of the game in action. This delay in the menu has been reported and confirmed by a number of other Xbox 360 players on other forums, too. :P

Also, I've read reports on the TeamXbox forum for Sacred 2 that the new patch causes the RB radial menu to be very unresponsive. As in, you press RB to bring up the menu, but then you have to press A several times before the menu registers that you've selected something. I definitely noticed this in the 10 minutes I played with the new patch installed this morning. Anyone else notice it?

I beg your pardon, but you're mistaken. I've played a lot of this game in the past week, and up until I applied the patch, the response from the radial menu was as instantaneous as any dedicated gamer could wish. As soon as the patch was applied, the responsiveness of the RB radial menu immediately dropped noticeably. There was no lag in the game at the time.

Please don't assume you know better than the person who has seen a particular aspect of the game in action. This delay in the menu has been reported and confirmed by a number of other Xbox 360 players on other forums, too. :)

I think that's a 'feature' they imported from the ps3 version :P

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...sole_Patch_List

Greetz Tom

Add by Christiane:

The PS3 patch will take a little while longer, but will follow as soon as Sony gives the "ok" for it.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=620926

You're awesome. Excellent reference work on wiki

Good job!

:P

gogo

After playing the game much more last night with the new patch, I'm both excited and relieved. :)

The single-console co-op trading works beautifully (*does a happy-dance of joy!*), the only issue is that occasionally if you are standing right next to your playing partner and hit LB to pick up loot from the ground, it will now open a trade window. ;) A very minor issue, and definitely worth it to be able to trade!

Also, apparently the RB radial menu works a bit differently than I'd initially thought. From what I can tell, the menu is DESIGNED ("feature"...hee hee!) to work as follows: Hold RB to bring up the radial menu, then press the left stick in the direction of the menu you want, hold the stick in that position for a second or two, and....voila, menu screen. Prior to the patch, you could press the A button to skip the 1-2 second delay of holding the stick in the desired position, and open the selected menu screen instantly. After the patch, the A button no longer does this, so the ONLY option to open the screens is holding the stick for a second or two.

To be honest, I didn't even realize that you COULD open the menus by just holding the left stick in position....I'd always pressed A and gone on with my gaming. So from the perspective of someone who hadn't used the A button "quick" option, there is no change in how the radial menu works. It's just us impatient A-button-pressing types who feel like things have gotten slower. :)

Apologies if I mislead anyone, and apologies specifically to Unaki if I was a bit snappish in my response to him/her. :)

Ladies and gentlemen, just so you know, the A button was removed for selection of menus because of the Imp who is summoned by holding RB and pressing A

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that the PS3 version will have the trade on one console in offline game too. Both players will have to be connected to PSN. (xbox live for Xbox :))

And as you have already read, the patch will come later as soon as sony is ok with it.

No eta yet.

Greetings,

Stéphane.

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that the PS3 version will have the trade on one console in offline game too. Both players will have to be connected to PSN. (xbox live for Xbox :))

And as you have already read, the patch will come later as soon as sony is ok with it.

No eta yet.

Greetings,

Stéphane.

Where do you live?

I gotta come hug you now

Also, apparently the RB radial menu works a bit differently than I'd initially thought. From what I can tell, the menu is DESIGNED ("feature"...hee hee!) to work as follows: Hold RB to bring up the radial menu, then press the left stick in the direction of the menu you want, hold the stick in that position for a second or two, and....voila, menu screen. Prior to the patch, you could press the A button to skip the 1-2 second delay of holding the stick in the desired position, and open the selected menu screen instantly. After the patch, the A button no longer does this, so the ONLY option to open the screens is holding the stick for a second or two.

To be honest, I didn't even realize that you COULD open the menus by just holding the left stick in position....I'd always pressed A and gone on with my gaming. So from the perspective of someone who hadn't used the A button "quick" option, there is no change in how the radial menu works. It's just us impatient A-button-pressing types who feel like things have gotten slower. :)

Apologies if I mislead anyone, and apologies specifically to Unaki if I was a bit snappish in my response to him/her. :)

See! Told ya it was a 'feature' imported from ps3 :) (it always behaved like this on ps3)

To be honest, I didn't even realize that you COULD open the menus by just holding the left stick in position....I'd always pressed A and gone on with my gaming. So from the perspective of someone who hadn't used the A button "quick" option, there is no change in how the radial menu works. It's just us impatient A-button-pressing types who feel like things have gotten slower. :drinks:

See! Told ya it was a 'feature' imported from ps3 :) (it always behaved like this on ps3)

On PS3, you don't have to hold it for a second or 2, though you CAN do that. But I use the left stick to light up the option then just release R1 (right bumper on 360), releasing R1 chooses the option. It's probably the same on 360.

.. quip ..

On PS3, you don't have to hold it for a second or 2, though you CAN do that. But I use the left stick to light up the option then just release R1 (right bumper on 360), releasing R1 chooses the option. It's probably the same on 360.

Didn't nail that one, I'll try when I play later today. Thanks for that !

After playing the game much more last night with the new patch, I'm both excited and relieved. :D

The single-console co-op trading works beautifully (*does a happy-dance of joy!*), the only issue is that occasionally if you are standing right next to your playing partner and hit LB to pick up loot from the ground, it will now open a trade window. ;) A very minor issue, and definitely worth it to be able to trade!

Apologies if I mislead anyone, and apologies specifically to Unaki if I was a bit snappish in my response to him/her. :D

I've never used the A button or held the RB until a menu came up since I bought the game. Didn't even know about these features. I just hit RB, get the light to show up on the menu selection that I want and then release RB and that gets me where I need to go. You really sit there and wait for it to pop up?