Damage type questions.

When you put a poison fang or coal in your weapon and it converts physical to elemental dmg, is the fire and poison dmg applied instantly to the monster, or does the damage over time have to take effect?

Does this mean if you want more instant dmg (not dmg over time) when you hit something, either leave it physical dmg or socket magic or ice, instead of poison and fire?

Also, explain "opponent level for death blow %" please.

If it matters, I'm playin the 360 version even tho it shouldn't effect core mechanics of the game.

Thank you

If I am not mistaken, socketing something that changes your pys to fire,poison doesn't "transform" your damage potential to a DoT,just changes the alignement of your burst damage.Not really sure if the changed damage type also offer a % change to the respective secondary effect.

Also if you happen to use it on a HE yoiu will say your ice spell damage changing to poison.fire or anything else.This is a UI mistake xD

When you socket something to convert damage, it will be direct damage (not DoT) Say you had 100% phys and found a Poison Fang with 30% conversion. Your dmg would then be 70% Phys and 30% poison.

On Death Blow, once you've reduced the enemies health points by a certain percentage you will start doing extra damage to it.

When you socket something to convert damage, it will be direct damage (not DoT) Say you had 100% phys and found a Poison Fang with 30% conversion. Your dmg would then be 70% Phys and 30% poison.

On Death Blow, once you've reduced the enemies health points by a certain percentage you will start doing extra damage to it.

So it is direct dmg and now dmg over time? That's what I wanted to know, thx