Are sets the way to go?

I've been trying to stay with sets for a while now. I've got a level 55 seraphim and everything that I equip is a set piece (still no full set) Is it better to stick with set gear or to pick individual items?

Generally yes but I usually use random armor I find only if its better.

Ive heard talk though of having a full set that has chance to inflict deep wounds reflecting back on you.

Edited by Unaki
Generally yes but I usually use random armor I find only if its better.

Ive heard talk though of having a full set that has chance to inflict deep wounds reflecting back on you.

I believe this specific set you are referring to only effects Inquisitors. All of the other sets should be fine, as far as I know.

I'm always looking to increase basic needs of whatever build I'm using.

For example, my latest builds only sockets plus all skills, dblow, cth, and chance to evade or defend. I always make sure that whatever piece I'm looking at can maintain all the levels of my sought after values, and then see what "extra" benefit it offers. In most cases, it's usually only a set piece that can fit it because of

number of sockets

quality of sockets

number and quality of native mods

I'm not averse however to choosing a rare...but only if it beats my functions socket spreadsheet in use for the current build.

:drunkards:

gogo