When you start on the Free mode, the game places you on an island with a bunch of portals. None of which are labeled. I went through one last night an immediately got my ass handed to me. So does anyone know how to tell which portal goes where?

There's a map on the sacred wiki. But there is a lone portal between the smith and the merchant that takes you to sloeford as well. There is also a mini portal by the water that takes you into the center of the sloeford town square. These last two are pretty safe.

There's a map on the sacred wiki. But there is a lone portal between the smith and the merchant that takes you to sloeford as well. There is also a mini portal by the water that takes you into the center of the sloeford town square. These last two are pretty safe.

Actually....It takes you to an alternate dimension where all the people are mutated into giant alien-like tentacle monsters that have swords for arms and they make people explode in giant clouds of rose petals. Also, their ruler is a rainbow pooping unicorn O.o