Sacred 2 stat questions.

Hi guys! I bought Sacred 2 for the xbox 360 a few days ago and have to admit that while I am enjoying the game, I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to picking weapons and armour.

There are times when I think I've worked it out and then the game goes and throws another stat at me causing me to spend a lot of time standing still trying to figure things out as I jump between the menu screens.

Up untill now I've usually been equipping the most expensive sword and armour that I own. (I'm guessing the most expensive means it's the best) I've just picked up a piece of body armour that costs over 40,000 gold more than the one currently equipped, but looking at the stats, to me it looks so much weaker (can that be right?).

example:

My current armour (value 6628)

Level 21

Armour rating 69

Mod - Armour Lore

Regen penalty +12.3%

Damage over time -12.1%

Constitution +2

Block chance: Close combat +5.9%

Found armour (value 49271)

Level 23

Armour rating 38

blue sockets x2

Regen penalty -3.6%

Stamina +5

Block chance: Root +7.3% (what is root)

I'm new to this type of game so please and I really want to like it but the stats could be the killer for me.

Would someone be kind enough to put me on the right path?

Thanks.

Edited by Rhythm

Take a look at sacredwiki.org and browse around. Explaining all the stats would take a long time, and I'd probably break my fingers before I finished. There's a lot of help to get there.

Also, if you want gear help, knowing your class would be better too.

Sorry. I should have stated. My character is a level 22 Shadow Warrior and as I said before, I'm getting by selecting the most expensive equipment but am not sure if that will benefit me in the long run.

I have a simpler question. What does it mean when the gauntlets I currently use have the attribute - Damage: Ice +17.8% Does that make it more resistent or more susceptible?

Sorry. I should have stated. My character is a level 22 Shadow Warrior and as I said before, I'm getting by selecting the most expensive equipment but am not sure if that will benefit me in the long run.

I have a simpler question. What does it mean when the gauntlets I currently use have the attribute - Damage: Ice +17.8% Does that make it more resistent or more susceptible?

If you have a skill that does ice damage, it will boost it's ice damage by that percentage. If you have a chunk of ice in your weapon that converts damage to ice, it will boost your weapon's ice damage.

To answer your question, just because the item is worth 10x more, it can still be extremely weak compared to what you have.

Sometimes you'll find things called "Sell % increase" or whatever.

So examine each piece and compare first.

Hey Rythem welcome to the game. There are a ton of stats to this game and over time they will gradually start to make sense. The value of the weapon or armor does not make it the best. It may be that it has a magical quality to it or it is a rare or unique item. You can tell if it is magical, rare, Unique, or legendary by the amount of stars the Item has. 1 star is magical, 2 starts is Rare, 3 for Unique, and 4 for Legendary.

The armor rating is what you want that will determan the Items actual armor value. (how much protection it is going to provide) The higher the better.

For weapons just look at the damage output. There should be 2 numbers. An example being 45-67. Again the higher the better.

The rest of the stuff are secondary attributes to the Item.

Regen penalty is the percentage that is added to your combat arts regeneration abilities. This can be negated by other stats or items of course.

The sockets allow you to put magical Items into the weapon or Armor to enhance it. The different colors tell you what type of Item can be put into it. This is done at a smith.

Root is an ability that will hold you in place. You can still fight but you cannot move. Where stun keeps you from moving and fighting. BLOCK CHANCE: Root +7.3% means that you get an extra 7.3% chance to keep from being rooted by an enemy that has the ability to root you.

Hope this helps a bit. Just read around on this sight and you will get the hang of it in no time.