Last Boss- Plat. diff.

Hello DM!

Bought Sacred2 about week in a half ago and really enjoying it. (besides glitches) Been reading some forums here and there about builds for SW and managed to build my character to level 80 last night. I mainly destroy everything in my path on every difficulty level and just entered Platinum the other night. I'm at the last boss at level 80 and the 1st Nameless Guardian I fight hits me too hard. I went from almost having 100% SB to 0% in the matter of a few hits. I was spamming my health pots but still got more less 1 shotted and was amazed how hard the 1st Guardian hit me. So I'm thinking either I'm too low for this boss atm, or I need to seriously bump up a defense skill or 2. I have mainly been putting points into Tactics and DW for the 75 Mastery. Those 2 skills are around my level but my defense skills are in the low 20s (not counting the +mods for skills). Main question I have atm is am I too low for this boss at level 80 or should I put all skill points in Toughness or Armor Lore to catch up with my level ?

I was reading where 1 of DM leaders posted something about if you can handle the Dryad/Wasteland zone enemies you should be ready for the next difficulty. I handle them with no problem but like I said this last boss is just hitting me way to hard. Also read something about dragging the NG boss's out the doorway and its super easier but not trying to depend on an exploit. Any help or feedback on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if I had posted this topic in the wrong forum and the future noob questions I might ask. Thx!

Hi and Welcome Monst3r

Are you using Grim Resilience and/or Reflective Emanation ? GR especially can really help mitigate the damage you're getting from them. Also what defense skills do you have? What level are the Guardians?

Hi and Welcome Monst3r

Are you using Grim Resilience and/or Reflective Emanation ? GR especially can really help mitigate the damage you're getting from them. Also what defense skills do you have? What level are the Guardians?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes sir, GR & RE all the way. Not sure if it matters what order I picked my skills in but I have like ArmorL, Toughness, CombatR and SpellR. After I more less got 1 shotted I got ported to the Monolith and fought off the mobs around it and never got the chance to see NG level. I would assume it was probably around level 100 being the normal mobs was around level 95+.

Hi and Welcome Monst3r

Thanks for the reply.

Yes sir, GR & RE all the way. Not sure if it matters what order I picked my skills in but I have like ArmorL, Toughness, CombatR and SpellR. After I more less got 1 shotted I got ported to the Monolith and fought off the mobs around it and never got the chance to see NG level. I would assume it was probably around level 100 being the normal mobs was around level 95+.

Well, if you died, they'll be a lot easier after you reload :) (as in shut down the game and restart it)

Didn't see you mention Constitution, so if you didn't pick that your hit points might still be low even with GR active. Dying usually helps with enemy level as SB affects that but you might already be at min spawn level for the Guardians. Other than checking that you have correct relics selected (I know this is different from pc so that may not be applicable) I would suggest gaining some more lvls and concentrate on increasing your defensive skills and then re-try. The Guardians are one of the toughest enemies in the game.

If you're still having probs...I would post all your skills, Combat Arts and lvls of them and we might be able to help you even better

Didn't see you mention Constitution, so if you didn't pick that your hit points might still be low even with GR active. Dying usually helps with enemy level as SB affects that but you might already be at min spawn level for the Guardians. Other than checking that you have correct relics selected (I know this is different from pc so that may not be applicable) I would suggest gaining some more lvls and concentrate on increasing your defensive skills and then re-try. The Guardians are one of the toughest enemies in the game.

If you're still having probs...I would post all your skills, Combat Arts and lvls of them and we might be able to help you even better

Yes I have Constitution, its pretty low atm. Will be home shortly and I'll post my build. Hopefully find what I'm lacking in or if its just the case of being a tad too low level. Once again thank you for helping me with any info.

Yes I have Constitution, its pretty low atm. Will be home shortly and I'll post my build. Hopefully find what I'm lacking in or if its just the case of being a tad too low level. Once again thank you for helping me with any info.

Ok here are my stats for lvl80 SW...

SB 23.3% (was close to 100% before I wiped a few times)

HP 12,763 Str. 345 TacticsL. 75 Demonic B. 41.9 Frenzied R. 28 Shadow V. 24.8

Regen 283.6s Sta. 248 D.W.F. 58 ScythingS. 44.7 A.G. 27.7

Magic D. 1,003 Vit. 354 D.W. 75 Ruinous O. 41 Killing S. 28

Att. 903 Dex. 204 ArmorL. 38 Rousing C. 43.8 Reflective E. 30.2

Def. 817 Int. 211 Conc. 5 Grim R. 41

Willp. 1,003 Const. 25

Tough. 21

CombatR. 15

SpellR. 1

Mal.C.F. 3

This is what I came up with reading a few posts here and there and just took off when I had bought the game not long ago. I'm probably lacking hard in skill point selection somewhere or I'm just too low level atm for The Nameless Guardian on Platinum level. Any feedback would be great on helping me understand this game and class a bit better. Thanks a bunch Knuckles and any other experienced SW's out there that wants to throw a bit of info. Take cares'

Are those regens or lvls for Demonic Blow, Frenzied and Scything ? Either way they seem a bit high for your level. If that is the CA level could you post regen times for each while buffs are active. You want to be able to 'spam' those Combat Arts, so the lower the regen the better.

Couple things you can try. Try attacking with DB then FR, then repeat. Also might try just going with GR buff and not activating RE if regen is high on DB/SS/FR. Since your dual wielding, try having one weapon with a poison damage converter and then a high dmg sword in one slot, and in another have a sword with fire dmg converter and another high dmg sword. Typically enemies are resistant to one but not both of those elemental attacks.

Check the Wiki for Guardian resistances just to make sure. In any spare sockets you might consider putting defensive blacksmith arts in them.

Are those regens or lvls for Demonic Blow, Frenzied and Scything ? Either way they seem a bit high for your level. If that is the CA level could you post regen times for each while buffs are active. You want to be able to 'spam' those Combat Arts, so the lower the regen the better.

Couple things you can try. Try attacking with DB then FR, then repeat. Also might try just going with GR buff and not activating RE if regen is high on DB/SS/FR. Since your dual wielding, try having one weapon with a poison damage converter and then a high dmg sword in one slot, and in another have a sword with fire dmg converter and another high dmg sword. Typically enemies are resistant to one but not both of those elemental attacks.

Check the Wiki for Guardian resistances just to make sure. In any spare sockets you might consider putting defensive blacksmith arts in them.

I apologize for the sloppy info. Looked a lot different before I posted. Those are my CA level's, was reading about my main dps should come from Tactics Lore and keep my Combat Arts low level for the quick cooldown times. But I had just read this not long ago. Now I see why it takes 20+ seconds for FR to pop. But since I know that I shouldn't be runeing up my Combat Arts for the increased stats I wont be reading them no more till later deep levels if need be.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having problems with the Nameless Guardians as well on Gold...

I have a Dark Dryad specced to be a sniper/rogue at level 78.

I have a lot of hitpoints relatively and good set armor, plus high level Ancient Bark and some Masteries.

I just got an awesome four star bow as well and my main weapons are strong and very fast cooling down Ravaged Impact and Darting Assault, which slice through level 95 mobs with ease.

Still, I get one hit killed by the first Guardian after it first misses me a few times. This is before I can make a dent in it's life at all.

I had no problems with any other bosses in the game, making me think I was nice and strong on the defence and health aspects.

But, not so for those annoying robots! :'(

Does anyone have any tips?

I'm playing on 360.

I have made the stupid choice of going for Ker as diety. The demon never killed anyone for me, but killed me 5 out of the 6 times I called him in over those 78 levels, so my diety can't help me win this either.