Reading Runes for High Elf - Help please?

Monst3r

Hello,

I was wondering about reading runes for HE. Should they stay low for the regen cooldowns or should I max them to a certain level under the penalty? I'm new to Sacred 2 and main 1st character was a SW. Friend told me that Tactics Lore would be my 'main' dps for ALL Combat Arts. I would want to keep my skills at level 1 for the fast cooldowns and my main dps coming from my Combat Arts would actually come from my Tactics Lore level. My SW is level 80 and cooldowns are high due to the fact I was eating runes like crazy for Demonic Blow to up its dps. Now I realize where he is coming from by keeping the Combat Arts at level with the exception of buffs.

My main question is this- Should I more less stay with the same rule for HE. Keeping my spells at say level 1 while I pump up Ancient Magic? Or it works totally different with the HE? One other minor question I have is like the SW, Tactics Lore gives him a mod point for 2 Aspects. Does Ancient Magic do the same for HE or is that different as well?

Any help on this would be sweet, Thx :o

Ok, firstly the regen question is probably something only you can answer yourself...just play around with your Combat Arts and if at level 1 they do enough damage for you with the higher regen then go for it. If you think you could deal with a bit more oomph and think the regen wouldnt be much of a problem then its all up to you. Definitely dont let the regen get too high though otherwise you may have to spend alot of time running around with your highelf, so focusing on regen is a good idea until youve worked out your toons strengths and weaknesses. However, read absolutely every rune you fine in grand invigoration, it only has benefits so keep pumping it up.

Ancient magic doesnt alow any mod points to be allocated. Instead you have to learn the necessary focus and lore skills for your Combat Arts

If you are creating an Arrant Pyromancer High Elf for example I suggest you take the Pyromancer Focus skill and max it out when putting out skill points. This skill reduces regeneration times for that aspect.

You can then put as many runes into Incandescent Skin as you like and it and has two mods that reduce regeneration.

The other art to put runes into, no matter what aspect you choose, is Grand Invigoration as it will reduce regeneration for all arts.

If you take the Concentration skill you can then activate both of these combat art buffs at the same time.

I did this with my high elf (now about level 62) and she can now fire two high damage fire balls with a reload time of less than two seconds.

Hope this helps.

Ok, firstly the regen question is probably something only you can answer yourself...just play around with your Combat Arts and if at level 1 they do enough damage for you with the higher regen then go for it. If you think you could deal with a bit more oomph and think the regen wouldnt be much of a problem then its all up to you. Definitely dont let the regen get too high though otherwise you may have to spend alot of time running around with your highelf, so focusing on regen is a good idea until youve worked out your toons strengths and weaknesses. However, read absolutely every rune you fine in grand invigoration, it only has benefits so keep pumping it up.

Ancient magic doesnt alow any mod points to be allocated. Instead you have to learn the necessary focus and lore skills for your Combat Arts

Thanks a lot Dragon Brother. I appreciate the response, about to make my toon right now. I use to play WoW and this HE reminds me of the mage. Would love to try pvp at a reasonable level. Take care Dragon & Ty- :P

If you are creating an Arrant Pyromancer High Elf for example I suggest you take the Pyromancer Focus skill and max it out when putting out skill points. This skill reduces regeneration times for that aspect.

You can then put as many runes into Incandescent Skin as you like and it and has two mods that reduce regeneration.

The other art to put runes into, no matter what aspect you choose, is Grand Invigoration as it will reduce regeneration for all arts.

If you take the Concentration skill you can then activate both of these combat art buffs at the same time.

I did this with my high elf (now about level 62) and she can now fire two high damage fire balls with a reload time of less than two seconds.

Hope this helps.

Ty sir.

I was mainly going for a build similar to Dobris' post in HE forums WT. Remember something was mentioned about Inc. Skin with the regen only affecting the aspect and not all of them or something of the sort. Still learning as much as I can as fast as I can. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have mesmerized 10 runes for ancerstal fire ball blazing tempest and incdeary shower, my question is how many runes should I mesmerize before I go to gold for those spells.

• 1 month later...

I dont have an exact answer for you, but I do have some experience with the high elf. My HE is at level 64 and her regen time for the fireball is at 0.2 and the rest of the tree is at 0.6. She does plenty of damage; they are just so low becasue I have about 85+all skills. I have read tons of ruins and they are still low.

As for the amount of ruins you should read, everyone is right. It is totally up to you and your toon. Everyone plays different. I like low regen times so I keep tons of +all skills in my armor and weapons and find other ways to raise the damage. I try and find +all combat arts to put on when I go fight bosses or every once in a while now ill read a ruin. Its all about balance and how you like to play.

And you shouldn't worry aout the exact number of ruins your read just the benifits and the consequences of what reading the next on will be