PS3 local multiplayer info project

Well I got a preliminary informational page setup in a new section I created under the PS3 section of the wiki for multiplayer modes, specifically the 2 player local co-op play that a lot of people seem to have questions about (can't blame them--not much info about it in the manual).

I still have a lot more to add about some of the little quirks that go along with that particular game mode but I'm running some specific experiments right now and will be updating the page as I get good info.

One thing that my Wife and I haven't really nailed down is the oddity of where the player spawns when he comes into a game after having been a guest on the other account's game. Granted, playing on the host's game tracks your progress and places you've been, but sometimes it's a little wonky :BlobRed: on tracking which portals you've activated or even gained access to. Anyone wanting to offer any tips in that regard is welcome to post 'em here. In the meantime I'm testing what I can myself to get some solid facts. Good thing I have 3 accounts to play with ;) <-- I love that little guy.

Anyhoo, anyone wanting to offer some tips or findings, just post 'em here :drinks: Thanks!

Well, The Easiest Way, Ive Found, When My Girlfriend And I Play, (On PS3), Is We Both Sign Into Different Accounts, But The Only Way She Can Do It, At Least For Us, Is To Wait Till Ive Started, Then She Has To Drop In.

I Bet All You Other People Already Know This, But Just Giving My $.02.

-Jamie.

Well, The Easiest Way, Ive Found, When My Girlfriend And I Play, (On PS3), Is We Both Sign Into Different Accounts, But The Only Way She Can Do It, At Least For Us, Is To Wait Till Ive Started, Then She Has To Drop In.

I Bet All You Other People Already Know This, But Just Giving My $.02.

-Jamie.

Yeah, I cover that process here.

I'm going to be adding little quirks as I go. Just did a test with the map coverage regarding the 2nd player's map status if the main player has more map exposed.

Edited by nilihanth

Ok, newest tests that needs to be performed are Class quests. Here's what I know:

The Host player has access and can start, and complete, his/her class quests. The guest player cannot. My Wife and I both did this. Only stinky part is, I can't remember if the guest player received the experience reward or any kind of reward as the host player does for completing it together.

1. If someone either knows or can perform a test to see if the guest player gets any kind of reward for helping out the host player in completing a class quest, please let me know here.

2. The other test is to see what happens when both players are of the same class. I'm assuming that, no matter what class the guest is, they both would receive the experience for the quest, but the question is, if they're the same class do they both get the item rewards?

I may be able to pull off the 1st test fairly soon but I'm going to have trouble with the 2nd one since I don't have 2 of the same classes that haven't already done the class quests, and I don't have enough time to create and run through a scenario like that just yet.

Forgive me if this doesn't make any sense, as I'm up too late and haven't had enough sleep. :yawn:

To keep the mulitplayer area from having a seperate page for Xbox, I redid your Multiplayer link page. Your PS3 page is still in the same place

I'm fine with it as long as other people think it makes sense. The page definitely looks more clean :thumbsup: I am curious, though, with the (online) link you made for the Co-op Campaign, you called it "2-player online co-op" but I thought you could get up to 4 people to do the online campaign, yes? (I don't know for sure as I've not done any online play yet)

To keep the mulitplayer area from having a seperate page for Xbox, I redid your Multiplayer link page. Your PS3 page is still in the same place

I'm fine with it as long as other people think it makes sense. The page definitely looks more clean :) I am curious, though, with the (online) link you made for the Co-op Campaign, you called it "2-player online co-op" but I thought you could get up to 4 people to do the online campaign, yes? (I don't know for sure as I've not done any online play yet)

Lol, thats what I get for copying and pasting, without renaming. Changed it to 2-4 Player.

Granted, playing on the host's game tracks your progress and places you've been, but sometimes it's a little wonky on tracking which portals you've activated or even gained access to. Anyone wanting to offer any tips in that regard is welcome to post 'em here.

Hmm - I'll have to do some testing to be sure, but the couple times I've done offline co-op, I think I've figured out your portal access problem. First, while playing offline co-op, players have the choice of any portals that either has touched.

So, if we take an extreme example:

Player one has levelled up by killing 10,000 kobolds.

Player two has levelled up by dealing with the silver main quest and is now in the druid lands.

If a local co-op game is started between these characters, both players can teleport to any of the gates touched by either character (Player One could initiate a teleport to the druid forest if he wanted). Further, Player one could reactivate any of those gates just as if it wasn't active, and then he would be able to teleport ahead if he wanted when he was playing by himself.

So let's say if these two continue the main plot for player two, and get to the wastelands, and it is player one that activates the gates there. If player two then goes back to his game by himself, he would not have gotten the credit for activating that portal (even though he saw his friend do so), and would have to start from druid lands again to walk to the final battles. Effectively if both players want to be able to teleport there later, they both will have to separately activate the portal. Its kind of the same as online play (both players would have to touch the gate), it's just a little more confusing because if one player touches the gate, both players see the animation for it activating, and while playing co-op both players are capable of teleporting there.

That make sense?

Yeah, the last part makes sense, but I'm not so sure about the part where any player can access any other player's portals during a co-op game...I'll test this tonight (hopefully) with my friend's character that hasn't even left Tyr Lysia by him hosting the game and, in theory, should have access to my portals up in the Orc Territory. I intended on adding the part about both players needing to activate portals and resurrection obelisks for them to count, so I'm glad you reminded me to hurry and get that part in there :)

One caveat - I chose to purchase the xbox360 version of this game. I am making the assumption that the logic is the same for both systems. However that is not necessarily the case so, yes, testing is a good idea. :)

Ok, I put up a preliminary Portals and Resurrection Monoliths section in the page. It'd be cool to put the little images of the portals and monoliths that the in-game map shows. How do I use the photobucket image repository that others are using for the wiki?