Mastery Benefits

Hi this is my first post here, and I'm still relatively new to the game (I just completed Silver with one character). I'm wondering whether the mastery benefits for Enhanced Perception and Bargaining are worthwhile--I've got the skills with bonuses high, but the base skills are fairly low.

Especially Bargaining--I read somewhere here it can sometimes net you set items. Are they always for your current class? Are they only for your current level, or could I go back and do early quests to hook up a new character?

Thanks!

Hi this is my first post here, and I'm still relatively new to the game (I just completed Silver with one character). I'm wondering whether the mastery benefits for Enhanced Perception and Bargaining are worthwhile--I've got the skills with bonuses high, but the base skills are fairly low.

Especially Bargaining--I read somewhere here it can sometimes net you set items. Are they always for your current class? Are they only for your current level, or could I go back and do early quests to hook up a new character?

Thanks!

For Bargaining, Mastery is worthwhile (and I'm not even talking about the quest rewards). I personally saw a marked improvement in the quality of items at the merchant when I achieved mastery for bargaining. I was having difficulties between level ~60 through 74 finding the same quality of equipment that I had been previously enjoying, even though I was maintaining as best I could at least 3xLevel bargaining skill. As soon as I hit L75 (and mastery), I was once again finding +all skills rings, lightsabres, all the difficult to find items from the merchants.

As for Enhanced Perception, I'm not as sure - the wiki seems to state that you are getting a better chance to find items at lower levels of the skill (which I agree with anecdotally), but I don't have anyone that has gotten mastery so I cannot say whether there is any noticable difference between the same skill levels with or without mastery

Thanks!

Id say the best shopper is a low end high elf set up to just start off new chars with stuff. Then a near 75th level shopper to outfit chars that have masteries. If you need more then that you prolly have trouble handling minesweeper.

As for ep.. find the one/two chars you LOVE to hunt with that also hunt fairly fast and put ep on em. No use using ep on a char you dont like hunting with. When I can FINALY run this game again GRUMBLE ill be running an inviso necro buiold with ep simply to pilfer from bosses chests. My tomb raider build with maxed ep.

My High Elf is my only current character. She is level 63 right. If I put three points in Bargaining each level (so I could continue pumping the Pyro skills too), I could master it within a few levels of 75.

I had a dual wield seraph I wasn't totally happy with so I scrapped her. But I may restart her. That or a dryad.

I was thinking of getting the HE up to 75 so the lower level chars can start with some early sets. They don't need them, but it's fun :cool:

Since I'm playing single player offline, I haven't been able to do the farming method Schot demonstrates (freeworld still creates too high in levels).

Thanks for the input.