Sword Weapons Skill Bug

I recently started playing a new Character (level 20 Seraphim) when I began noticing that even though with 9 hard points in Sword Weapons and the Sword Weapons Description saying I should be able to use a level 24 sword, the sword description itself would still display a negative Attack Speed %. As far as I know this is the only Character it is effecting. I'm on the 360.

Is this a known glitch, something new or possibly just a typo and that I'm actually not receiveing this penalty? Or is there the possibility that I've read something terribly wrong. "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". Anyways though thanks in advance,

I recently started playing a new Character (level 20 Seraphim) when I began noticing that even though with 9 hard points in Sword Weapons and the Sword Weapons Description saying I should be able to use a level 24 sword, the sword description itself would still display a negative Attack Speed %. As far as I know this is the only Character it is effecting. I'm on the 360.

Is this a known glitch, something new or possibly just a typo and that I'm actually not receiveing this penalty? Or is there the possibility that I've read something terribly wrong. "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". Anyways though thanks in advance,

I have noticed that often with various types of weapons, before being equipped, they will show the incorrect attack speed. I use polearms with my most recent character so I will use them as an example but have seen what I describe with other weapon skills. Sometimes before I equip a polearm that is above my character level, it will show a -X% for attack speed on the description. After equipping said polearm, the description will correctly show -0.0%. Sometimes ranged weapons (which I do not have the skill for) above my character level will show -0.0% attack speed penalty before equipping and a correct -X% penalty when equipped.

If it is showing an incorrect penalty in the weapon description while equipped, which I have never seen, then I would suggest going to character overview and paging to the right once (xbox 360) to see what it shows there. If the number it shows in Overview is below 100% for attack speed then you are definitly being penalized by something. The number will reflect debuffs as well so make sure you are clean :P I would take all attack speed gear off and see what your sword weapons attack speed bonus in skills window is. Add that to 100%, make sure weapon is equipped, and compare with attack speed % in Overview to see if you are getting penalized. If the numbers you add up = Overview % then you are probably not being penalized, functionally speaking, regardless of what the weapon description says.

Edited by Frisky
  • 3 months later...
:agreed: I, too, have a question regarding Sword Weapons. My hubby is playing a Seraphim, level 17. He has increased his Sword Weapons to level 21. The modifier shows white, however, below that, for instance, "Combat ***: Sword Weapons. What exactly needs to be done to turn the red Sword Weapons into white and show what that particular item will do? Even equipping the item did not change anything.
:agreed: I, too, have a question regarding Sword Weapons. My hubby is playing a Seraphim, level 17. He has increased his Sword Weapons to level 21. The modifier shows white, however, below that, for instance, "Combat ***: Sword Weapons. What exactly needs to be done to turn the red Sword Weapons into white and show what that particular item will do? Even equipping the item did not change anything.

Well, putting points into Sword Weapons should have done the trick.

Some people have this problem though.

Edited by Antitrust
:pirate: I, too, have a question regarding Sword Weapons. My hubby is playing a Seraphim, level 17. He has increased his Sword Weapons to level 21. The modifier shows white, however, below that, for instance, "Combat ***: Sword Weapons. What exactly needs to be done to turn the red Sword Weapons into white and show what that particular item will do? Even equipping the item did not change anything.

Those lore modifiers should be unlocked with simply 1 point into the corresponding skill.

You could try logging out and then back in to see if that fixes it, there's a lot of bugs in the console version and while most of them are annoying I haven't really found any yet that are gamebreaking.