Temple Guardian and Ranged

I Have a TG in his teens. Im generally following Trickyz123's TG boss killer set up and I have a good question. Tricky states, "The attack speed from sword/hafted effects the cast times of all Combat Arts in the Devout Gaurdian aspect, again not sure why but thats what it does." This struck me as odd but I'm going to assume he/she did the testing and found this to be correct. Do you all think the same results would come from Ranged Lore? I hate my temple guardians generic gun. it seems slow to fire, does less damage then melee, and is easily evaded. I was just playing around, picked up a modest pistol and had a much better time with it! I'm willing to give up my generic pistol based Combat Arts if they wont function with a ranged weapon in hand. I find a ranged weapon much more custom to my play style. Its great for taking out the small packs of 3 or 4 and if I'm faced with groups of larger sizes I'm spamming Area of Effect's and not much melee is being done anyway.

Do you all feel this would be a mistake or am I correct in my assumptions?

Yes, the DG aspect CAs (and the weapon-based CAs for other classes) should take their casting speed from the equipped weapon & weapon skill. This is because the Lores for "normal" CAs (eg, Lost Fusion) give +% casting speed, but Tactics Lore (the Lore for DG) doesn't, it only increases damage & crit.

Im also trying a TG with guns only and was still figuring a way of using some Combat Arts to help the build but still havent figured out what skills helps besides the ranged weapons lore and the DG to mod some protection.

Combat Alert and Deadly Spears are the only ones I would doubt that.. If they list a spell intensity rather than an attack or defense rating at least.. Of course the original tester said no to that, but maybe he meant only the weapon attack arts?

Don't know what would increase the casting speed of Combat Alert and Deathly Spears if NOT weapon lore, however? Tactics?

The Weapon-specific lore would affect the cast speed of the DG aspect CAs, so Ranged Weapons in this case. If you're going to go for Combat Alert, taking the Assault bronze mod (+% attack) is the only way to get any attack bonus if you're using ranged weapons.