Please Help With Sacred 2 Freezing Up (PC)

I got sacred 2 about a week ago, somtimes just running around clearing fog of war my character gets stuck and won`t move. sometimes the f12 hotkey works, sometimes not. also I`m getting something like lag in single player mode, the character speeds up and runs forward then slows done to normal speed. this happens all the time and during speed up the game freezes. my character can be anywhere on the map when this happens and I have to restart the game, the f12 does not help at all. when I bring up task manager it says the game is running but the video is froze up. I play only in single mode. I can`t get into closed net, only lan, it says it can`t find my user name or password so I follow the instructions and I`m told there`s problems, the sites down try later. these login issues are past annoying and I`ve had this problem with other games ( rotwk ). I don`t know how to add a dialxg attachment to this post so here`s what I got(dialxg says everything is running good) intel 4 3.2 ghz, 2g of ram, nvidia 8550 with 1 gig ram, creative sb audigy sound card, o/s windows home sp 3 thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
I got sacred 2 about a week ago, somtimes just running around clearing fog of war my character gets stuck and won`t move. sometimes the f12 hotkey works, sometimes not. also I`m getting something like lag in single player mode, the character speeds up and runs forward then slows done to normal speed. this happens all the time and during speed up the game freezes. my character can be anywhere on the map when this happens and I have to restart the game, the f12 does not help at all. when I bring up task manager it says the game is running but the video is froze up. I play only in single mode. I can`t get into closed net, only lan, it says it can`t find my user name or password so I follow the instructions and I`m told there`s problems, the sites down try later. these login issues are past annoying and I`ve had this problem with other games ( rotwk ). I don`t know how to add a dialxg attachment to this post so here`s what I got(dialxg says everything is running good) intel 4 3.2 ghz, 2g of ram, nvidia 8550 with 1 gig ram, creative sb audigy sound card, o/s windows home sp 3 thanks for your help.

Hi

I've been playing S" for quite a long time now..and noticed the other day that the game 'freezes' screen goes black back you can still hear stuff going on in the background. I think it's something that m$ have done regarding an update possibly.

The internet thing...I only play single player..I had to uninstall Sacred 2 after playing with the previously updated patch 2.4 or whatever.I installed the game and it kept asking for internet login. If I remember correctly I had to renounce the licence number for the game and then re-announce the licence game number shown on the book/ manual. Sorry if this sounds a bit garbled but try fiddling with the disc .

Edited by chickenchaser