Sacred 1 vs. Sacred 2

Alright, well this is more for the people who have actually played Sacred 1.

And surprisingly, I have played Sacred 1 :ninja:

Lol, to me, I gotta say its a tie.

I dont know why, but Sacred 1 was REALLY fun, even though its pretty old.

Sacred 2 is just as fun!

It even has HD quality (360 & PS3)

But if I had to give a trophy to one...

I would say I would have to give it to Sacred 1 (Plus Underworld).

I dont know why, but Sacred 1 was just "more"

Now, Im not saying Sacred 2 sucks or anything,

I love that game to death aha, but Sacred 1 just takes the cake for me.

What are your thoughts?

You can tell its the same maker...

I like sacred 2 due to the increase in technology over that time. A 3D detailed world is very impressive to me. Plus I got in on the ground floor (well US but still) in Sacred 2 whereas I only played sacred 1 3 years after its release.

Kudos to Ascaron (though probably they will start making games for a different target market if they get bought like DAO).

Sacred 1 rocked, I played it for months and I still go back to it every once in a while. I do love the upgrades they made in Sacred 2 to the Combat Arts, getting to pick different mods was brilliant. I would have liked some more character choices, male or female and more customization to them. Overall I am loving Sacred 2 just as much as I did for S1

Sacred Plus is the best one if map design would be priority.. Don't know if everyone allready knew but the original sacred was not totally work of Ascaron, so there could been better map designers than ascaron has. Looking at Underworld parts you'll see the difference and it's more like in Sacred 2, which isn't that open as you wished for.

Sacred 1 characters are better than ones in sacred 2.. if they would have switched daemon to inquisitor on S1, it would have had all the best characters in the game. As non of the new ones in Sacred 2 are so special like the old ones in S1.

Sacred Plus is the best one if map design would be priority.. Don't know if everyone allready knew but the original sacred was not totally work of Ascaron, so there could been better map designers than ascaron has. Looking at Underworld parts you'll see the difference and it's more like in Sacred 2, which isn't that open as you wished for.

Sacred 2 is just as open as S1. In S1 in the campaign you couldn't progress beyond the Ice-thingy Pass (Ice Creek Pass?) without doing the plot (& "waiting for someone to clear the snow"), in Sacred 2 campaign, you can't progress beyond the Atramark Gate without doing the main quest line (though you can walk through to the Desert & Jungle). In S1 the portals were always open, which had the potential for stuffing up Khorad Nor if you hadn't already done that particular paert of the quest line.

As non of the new ones in Sacred 2 are so special like the old ones in S1.

And I think this is nostalgia (which is very difficult to split out).

I like the CAs a lot better in Sacred 2, that they can be modded to do what you want is awesome. I prefer S1 MP as it was less laggy & you could see a player's account name, mapping keys in Sacred 2 is much better, as is porting to the isle with F12. That items disappear after x seconds sucks though (but it's for a good reason).

I keep getting flash backs, I find running around near Fortress Reikenstien reminds me of running to the desert from the first region in S1. Not sure why.

The easter eggs are what makes it obvious they are same makers. But then I prefer the ones from S1 over Sacred 2. Apart from the staff quest, none of the Sacred 2 ones give you anything... I liked the sunglasses in S1, pointless but fun (I guess there is the jester hat but its not the same).

Its so long ago since I played S1 that I can't remember much of game except the end, and the giant spiders (they were fun to kill, I miss them). I should see if it will work on my current pc, I expect it won't recognise my graphics card, and may not like Vista.