Average Combat Art Regeneration Time

In an attempt to find out exactly what regeneration modifiers that are additive and what are multiplicative I created a number of level 1 characters to play around with. While my success in this particular area was rather limited, I stumbled upon another interesting oddity. Let's recap the scenario that caught my eye:

I created the character (any class except Shadow Warrior will do for this, since they all have the same starting Stamina), removed any gear it might have started with, did not apply any regeneration modifiers and kept it that way for the rest of the experiment. I then took notice of how much Average Combat Art Regeneration Time the character had. For each of them, it was 100% at the starting 25 Stamina at the starting level. No surprise there. When I leveled to 2 the character received 3 Stamina for a total of 28. The Average Combat Art Regeneration Time went up to 104.4%. This struck me as odd, because each point of Stamina only adds 1% Average Combat Art Regeneration Time before modifiers, so how did I get 104.4%?

As I leveled up to 3 my character got 2 additional Stamina and a Average Combat Art Regeneration Time of 108%. Once again, this increase in Average Combat Art Regeneration Time is higher than it should be, had it only been increased by Stamina.

What I now wonder is: Is there an increase in Average Combat Art Regeneration Time of 1.5% before modifiers that is given to each characters every time they level up?

Did you do anything other than increase stamina/level up?

Remember the Average time listed there is actually the average of the 3 aspect regeneration times, and thus if you take an Aspect Focus and decrease regeneration times (or Concentration) you end up with an additional bit of Regen time increase.

Of course it's quite possible there's a 1.5% (or otherwise) increase in Regen time based on level... which would be quite worth looking at.

Did you do anything other than increase stamina/level up?

Remember the Average time listed there is actually the average of the 3 aspect regeneration times, and thus if you take an Aspect Focus and decrease regeneration times (or Concentration) you end up with an additional bit of Regen time increase.

Of course it's quite possible there's a 1.5% (or otherwise) increase in Regen time based on level... which would be quite worth looking at.

Well, as I stated, I did not do anything to modify the ACART apart from lvling up.

What I think is interesting is that this possible passive increase would scale with all regeneration modifiers except Stamina.

Well if it scales with character level then the increase would be linear... simplest way to test that would be to use a level 200 character.

Sta Growth = level 200 Sta - level 1 Sta should equal the same thing as stamina growth (and would be a very good way of seeing if the growth is 2.5 or rounded to 2). Now if Sta Growth + 199 * 1.5 + 100 = ACART then we're in business.. something quick to look at tonight.

I continued the original testing this morning, with not very surprising results. Having tested every modifier but mounts and specific CA mods, it seems that they all stack multiplicatively, with a notable exception regarding buffs. When having more then one buff applied, they do not seem to influence eachother at all. This means that their penalties stack additively, IE each buff provides the same penalty as if they were applied alone and that the second and third buff provides less negative regen seen as a percentage of base regen.

Well if it scales with character level then the increase would be linear... simplest way to test that would be to use a level 200 character.

Sta Growth = level 200 Sta - level 1 Sta should equal the same thing as stamina growth (and would be a very good way of seeing if the growth is 2.5 or rounded to 2). Now if Sta Growth + 199 * 1.5 + 100 = ACART then we're in business.. something quick to look at tonight.

On another topic, I can quickly add that the Stamina growth changes between 3 and 2 every other level, so that it is effectivly 2.5 per level. I do not know the exact growth of the SW, but I presume that he get a additional point every fifth level.

Since I do NOT at this time play hardcore, I noticed a significant change in my combart art regeneration time whenever I died. I also noticed a marked impact to my 'intelligence and stamina (I only have a high Elf)'

I believe that the additional attribute is your survival bonus that affects all of your base attributes.

Since I do NOT at this time play hardcore, I noticed a significant change in my combart art regeneration time whenever I died. I also noticed a marked impact to my 'intelligence and stamina (I only have a high Elf)'

I believe that the additional attribute is your survival bonus that affects all of your base attributes.

I think you misunderstood what I said... There was a increase in ACART, but not in Stamina. Besides, I did check my SB, it was not high enough to alter my stats in any way and the change occured on levelup and not a second earlier or later. To round this of I can say that I tried this on multiple characters, with the same result, even thou they all has varying survivalbonuses.

I finally got around to test his on a level 200 char and the result was the expected. A freshly baked level 200 High Elf had 898.5% ACART. With 100% being the start value (whereof 25% is from stamina) and 525% coming from an 525 stamina, that is exactly 298.5% that cannot be explained unless we consider the possibilty of a lvlbased direct gain to ACART.

If we multiply my suggested 1.5% by 199 we get... 298.5%!

I hope I do not go too far when I now claim this to be a fact. Shall we add it to the Wiki?

But, Dang, do I want to take a screenshot of my interface to prove this... :thumbsup: