Sacred 2 Closed Lan Play

Ok, I have a valid copy, authenticated, of the collector's edition. I am going to install the 2nd legally allowable license on my laptop. I have about 8 other PCs in my basement that are fast enough to run Sacred 2. (I have lan parties every couple of months)

My question is, how would I be able to play Sacred 2 on all the machines without having to go out and buy 4 more copies of the game? What version 2.10, 2.12, 2.31, 2.40, did they put all the authentication in? I figure that if anyone at the party likes the game enough to want to play it more, then I'll just point them to Amazon.com to buy a valid copy. I figure my lan party would be more of an advertisement for the game.

I know version 2.10 has some kind of thing that happens at around level 28 or so that you can't allocate skill points. Since my parties usually last over 8 hours, I could see some people getting to that level and not being too happy that their character is now crap and can't be transferred to a valid copy of the game. (I learned this the hard way)

I know I am venturing into a 'grey' area on pirating, but this game is great and I want to be able to have it at my lan parties. I just don't want to put out $100 for the installs for 8 machines that will only be played on a couple times a year.

Also, if the closed lan game server is 2.43, do all games that connect have to be the same version?

Thanks in advance for any responses to this post.

Edited by gogoblender

Sweet. 4 activations every 3 months. So that means that if my next Lan party is in December, then I can activate on 3 more computers now, then in November I can activate on 4 more.

I will probably buy another copy just to be safe (and actually legal - based on the link you posted!)

Thanks for the reply.