Constant crashes

Ok I'm about ready to scream here. I can play for maybe 10-15 mins before a crash occurs, more if I constantly quick save. I can tell when a crash is going to happen because the map (main map) only shows up towns and quest circles. The rest is transparent.

My system specs shouldn't be an issue:

Intel Core i7 920 @2.67Ghz 2.97Ghz, 6Gb ddr3 Ram (pointless on a 32 bit OS I know but I'm still waiting for the 64 bit one from Microsoft 3-10 days my ass!) gforce 9600gt 1Gb ddr3 + gfore 8600gt 1Gb ddr2(used exclusively for Physix only) running Vista Ultimate.

I thought that patching would have fixed this issue and it didn't. I've also tried reinstalling and using the cleaning tool provided by Ascaron, none of which have helped. Any tips please.

I run into the problem with the map from time to time. It never makes me crash though. Have you tried updating/reinstall your directX. May be the thing to fix the problem.

Yeah I have all the latest drivers for everything. Sometimes It works most of the time it doesn't and with no possibility of any new patches to fix it things are looking grim. Not even sure if the expansion will be released here. After all I am in the country that has the highest video game ban rate in the world......and would you believe it's all because of 1 man!

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah I have all the latest drivers for everything. Sometimes It works most of the time it doesn't and with no possibility of any new patches to fix it things are looking grim. Not even sure if the expansion will be released here. After all I am in the country that has the highest video game ban rate in the world......and would you believe it's all because of 1 man!

I ran into the same problems you described. I found it was because of my graphics chip overheating and then playing havoc with the rest of the internals as it fries them! If you download something like the NVIDIA nTune package (I think that's what it's called) and then boost the speed of your fan, maybe that will help. It sorted mine out.