Dexterity/Intelligence Based Melee Weapons

Somewhat easy question, but I am still learning the game:

I know that weapons like staves and daggers use INT or DEX (respectively) to improve melee damage, but what about attack rating? Do those weapons go off the related stat for that as well? Does it show up in the attack rating section while you are looking at your character?

Edited by SolomonGrundy
Somewhat easy question, but I am still learning the game:

I know that weapons like staves and daggers use INT or DEX (respectively) to improve melee damage, but what about attack rating? Do those weapons go off the related stat for that as well? Does it show up in the attack rating section while you are looking at your character?

ya I got your answer. daggers, pole grouping under the polearms, and shortswords all use dex. With the extra attack value and defence.

Int on the other hand works for wands and does not give you any attack value.

I honestly belive that these weapons that work with stats other then str. Are weapons ment for builds presiffics. Like for say a duel wealding dryed with wands and acute mind. Or for a class that is auto giving to dex or int when your lvling up.

like a seraphim, right now I am using a duel wealding one with 2 ancided blades and just injoying every min of it. But instead of pumping str I am pumping dex this way I am getting def, attack value, and damage. Vers using STR where I would only be getting damage and attack value. Also know that I am getting more damage using dex because str doesnt go up ever level on a seraphim.

Edited by xPumaFangx
  • 2 months later...