Regeneration Time Clarification for Mounts Needed

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Riding

I'm trying to understand what this means,

the second bullet of the page says,

Reduces the regeneration penalty for mounting, which is displayed on the mount as "Regeneration Time of all Combat Arts +X%" (a horse with +30% regen penalty, will have only +5% penalty at higher Riding skill). This bonus is diminishing, so you get less benefit at higher levels (don't expect to hit 0% penalty). You can see a full table example of this effect here, for a mount that gives 30% regen penalty.

and the 4th description says,

Does not affect regeneration of Combat Arts.

Is the information conflicting? I know that the average mount adds about +30%. But would putting 5 points into the riding skill would diminish and negate the negative effects of just the mount? (Since at 5 points the bonus is 30%)

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Riding

I'm trying to understand what this means,

and the 4th description says,

Does not affect regeneration of Combat Arts.

Is the information conflicting? I know that the average mount adds about +30%. But would putting 5 points into the riding skill would diminish and negate the negative effects of just the mount? (Since at 5 points the bonus is 30%)

I think it means this: Riding Skill will not reduce your combat art regenerations. Being mounted will incur a penalty to your combat art regeneration. A special mount will also have a regeneration bonus to one aspect (if a specific tree mount has been purchased). What it adds up to is this: you'll get an overall penalty to combat art regeneration to trade off the life point boost and the fact that if you and your mount take fatal damage, only the mount will die from the one hit. That last bonus is so huge for hardcore players that a mount is a must. Well worth the combat art penalty. (Which goes down with the level of the mount... so buy a new mount every 10 levels or so.)