Assailing Somersault - Mods help

Cassial

Hey all, I'm fairly new to the game and pushing 50 with a DW shopper Seraphim.

The second mod of this skill according to the Sacred 2 wiki has me on a fence, to say the least. ~20% weapon damage on Brawn versus inflicting area damage on nearby opponents with the somersault, the Impetus mod. Thankfully the wiki at least tells players what the exact value or an approximation of brawn equals to, because the ingame tool-tip leaves one to wonder "increases weapon damage" is just plain vague. Anyway, I was hoping to get some feedback on those with experience on melee Seras, do you find that you need the Area of Effect damage on the somersault or that not taking the straight up weapon increase damage is fail? I'm in this boat because my build excludes the other two trees and I'm really really hoping to make use of the area damage somersault, doing nothing but pelting strikes spam is getting kind of redundant for killing huge groups. The next Seraphim build I try will most definately be a celestial build or something with some crowd killing power, anyway.

I've done my homework and have read up on what proper mods to take for my other abilities, obviously keeping my Combat Arts at level 1 to pump battle stance, I even have myself some rare boots with +4 battle stance, socketed with a +3 battle stance ring, so I'm trying to be thorough. But specifically pertaining to the somersault, I don't see any guides mention it remotely, or anything on the wiki about it, and this will be the third Seraphim I've taken to 50 now for messing up my builds, trying to get it right this time, completely :>

My last gal had the impetus mod on Somersault and it didn't seem to help very much... the radius seems to be very small, such that when I hopped into the midst of three or four guys it would only damage one or two. I usually use AS in a combo (AS/Pelting Strikes) and use it to either take out annoying archers or "hurry up" to the next mob. Next time I mod AS, it'll definitely be for straight damage.

I tend to play my Seras with DW and Celestial magic - I've loved Radiant Pillar since my first day playing S1 - so I've never lacked too much for area damage. My usual technique is drop a pillar and start pelting; when I have the regens balanced properly I can alternate RP/PS on big mobs/champs/bosses.

Mind you, I've never had a character above 60 in Sacred 2, so I can't tell you if that'll work in gold or above... :)

Hey all, I'm fairly new to the game and pushing 50 with a DW shopper Seraphim.

The second mod of this skill according to the Sacred 2 wiki has me on a fence, to say the least. ~20% weapon damage on Brawn versus inflicting area damage on nearby opponents with the somersault, the Impetus mod. Thankfully the wiki at least tells players what the exact value or an approximation of brawn equals to, because the ingame tool-tip leaves one to wonder "increases weapon damage" is just plain vague. Anyway, I was hoping to get some feedback on those with experience on melee Seras, do you find that you need the Area of Effect damage on the somersault or that not taking the straight up weapon increase damage is fail? I'm in this boat because my build excludes the other two trees and I'm really really hoping to make use of the area damage somersault, doing nothing but pelting strikes spam is getting kind of redundant for killing huge groups. The next Seraphim build I try will most definately be a celestial build or something with some crowd killing power, anyway.

I've done my homework and have read up on what proper mods to take for my other abilities, obviously keeping my Combat Arts at level 1 to pump battle stance, I even have myself some rare boots with +4 battle stance, socketed with a +3 battle stance ring, so I'm trying to be thorough. But specifically pertaining to the somersault, I don't see any guides mention it remotely, or anything on the wiki about it, and this will be the third Seraphim I've taken to 50 now for messing up my builds, trying to get it right this time, completely :>

Thanks for confirming what I've been thinking, although it sure sucks being pure DW/shopper melee and having absolutely zero Area of Effect, but I can't see the AS area damage being good enough, I'll stick with the pure damage mod. That's the same combo I do, pelting + AS to get to targets quicker >_>