Combat Art Modifier Question - Orange Diamond Symbol?

Which Skill modifies or adds the orange diamond symbol beneath the combat art, the focus or the lore? For example, you are able to acquire a new skill and you want to add a skill modifier to your combat art and have a top option path or a bottom one. I would like to modify Clustering Maelstrom, Levin Array, and Raving Thrust, which skills would I need to increase points? Which skill points would I need to modify HE Ancestral Fire, Blazing Tempest, and Incendiary Shower?

Combat Arts are arranged into aspects which you can see on the combat art screen. Each aspect has a "lore" and a "focus" that increases effectiveness in that aspect and also unlocks modification points. Investing skill points into either the "lore" or the "focus" (example Arrant pyromancer focus or Arrant Pyromancer lore) will unlock more modification points. Tactics lore serves as the lore for all melee based combat art aspects.

I would have looked at the manual that came with the game but I would just as well throw it away quicker than looking in it HAHAHA. My wife says I have an issue with throwing manuals away but I have gotten better about that. Anyway, long story short, I checked the manual and Sacredwiki and saw that the mod points are 3 5 9 14 .... to each of the lores and focuses. Thanks for the advice BTW.