Incandescent Skin

I have been trying to build a Self-Sufficient HE, using the build here on the board. I have Modded Arrant Pyromancer with Combusting Arrows, Energy Focus, and Arrant Pyromancer Expertise. However, when I turn on Incandescent Skin, the Regen time for my Fireballs went up by .2 seconds. I have been putting runes into Incandescent Skin, but never above my max runes level.

My question is am I missing something, I thought Incandescent Skin would help my Fire skills have a lower regen time. If it doesn't, then what's the point?

EDIT: I just started a level 1 HE, and have 1 rune in Incandescent Skin. The penalty to all combat arts is higher than the bonus to Arrant Pyromancer. But when I activate Incandescent Skin, the regen time of fireball goes down? I'm more confused than before!

Edited by JBakken

Hello JBakken,

welcome to the forum!

Perhaps by selecting a 'boost to the Pyromancer lore', your effective combat art level has increased and your damage level has also increased which is being offset by a slight increase in regen time.

It has been along time since I completed the modification of Incandescent skin so I can not truthfully recall if I noticed an increase in regen time.

In general, by putting skill points into the 'focus', you increase the maximum skill level that you can attain for your characters level and decrease the regen time. As such, if you equip items that add a bonus to your lore, you should see that your damage level has increased but so has your regen time.

Is the increase in regen time ONLY for the ancestral fireball or does it also increase for blazing tempest?

Happy hunting..... :bounce:

I have been trying to build a Self-Sufficient HE, using the build here on the board. I have Modded Arrant Pyromancer with Combusting Arrows, Energy Focus, and Arrant Pyromancer Expertise. However, when I turn on Incandescent Skin, the Regen time for my Fireballs went up by .2 seconds. I have been putting runes into Incandescent Skin, but never above my max runes level.

My question is am I missing something, I thought Incandescent Skin would help my Fire skills have a lower regen time. If it doesn't, then what's the point?

EDIT: I just started a level 1 HE, and have 1 rune in Incandescent Skin. The penalty to all combat arts is higher than the bonus to Arrant Pyromancer. But when I activate Incandescent Skin, the regen time of fireball goes down? I'm more confused than before!

Are you activating other buffs at the same time and are you on a mount or changing any other variable? Pyro mount will reduce regen time as will Grand Invigoration and some equipment can also do it as will blacksmith runes....

Are you activating other buffs at the same time and are you on a mount or changing any other variable? Pyro mount will reduce regen time as will Grand Invigoration and some equipment can also do it as will blacksmith runes....

I am using Grand Invigoration, and no other Buffs. I don't have a mount yet.

With just one rune in skin, regen time bonus for AP is always higher than the penalty from using the buff, always.

As you eat runes in skin, 2 things happen: Your bonus to AP regen time increases, Your Penalty from using the buff increases.

As you eat runes, depending other parameters like your stamina, whether you are using a special mount or not, the special mount's level, grand invigoration level and mods, etc... either the penalty from using the IS buff or your bonus to AP regen time will increase faster than the other.

What has happened is that in your case, for now, penalty from using the buff has been increasing faster than the bonus to AP regen time. As your character changes by getting more stamina and other factors, you may reach a threshhold where adding runes will add more to the bonus to AP regen than to the penalty from using the buff.

Next time you think about eating a rune in IS, save before doing it and check the effect. If it is desirable, continue, if not, reset.

Edited by ka243