How Do Attack and Defense Values Work

ok so ive been playign a while but inever really woindered how attack and defence value worked because if I equip 2 rings with +50 attack value my attack value increase but my damage dealt, doesnt

so how do they work :thumbsup:

Attack is simply a part of your Chance to Hit (CTH).

Defense is a part of your enemy's chance to hit you.

Anti evasion rings will help much more with being successful with hitting monsters.

Just drop all your jewelry into your Chance to Hit calculator. It will tell you right away what is giving you a better CTH or not. It will also tell by switching out armor and weps, what gives you a better chance to have opponents miss you.

:thumbsup:

gogo

Just a quick question about evasion rings. players (chance to evade + xx%) I f I think I understand. "opponents change to evade -xx%) I thought was simple too. then, I found (Chance opponent can't evade +xx%). I also notice the OCTE -xx% are higher numbers than the COCE +xx% numbers. any body out there that can give me the run down?

Thanks

I think some peeps have put some work in the difference here on the Sif:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ight=calculator

I myself have don't really bother with the dif anymore...I just use the calculator to tell me at that specific moment in my build against the enemies I am fighting which of the jewelry I have on hand gives me better numbers.

:)

gogo

Since reading this CTH threads with loco we've been trying differant things. My issue has been when I try on a ring I have to take off +all skill attack xx. And I haven't seen a differance that has mattered yet. I am wearing about 128% chance to evade already. That works great for not getting hit. I can stand infront of three big green scorpions and fold laundry. But the oppenents chance to hit is still well over 60%. Maybe I need to fight a few without any rings on then try the OCTH rings.

Um scratch the question part of that... Guess I'm already doing the OCTH with the 128% chance to evade and the bit more I'm trying isn't enough to make a differance compaired to the all skill rings I'm wearing.

Bottom line is I'm rarely hit. Seem to hit often enough to kill everything so I guess I'm good.

Edited by Furian67

Furian has a hard time phasing his questions whens he trying to type on his iphone while he is at work fixing machines. his point I think was we saw the CTH calculator working on my Inqusitor while the Soul Reaver ran dry and my CTH went from 99% to about 50%. and the OCTH from low single digits back up to 40%. when he tried to change out 1 +all skill for a opp ch to evade we say no change in the OCTH.