Need For Speed Shift

Hello everyone.. it's been while since I've been here, but had to come by and visit as I have a problem whit a game..

If anyone else has NFS Shift and is willing to give me advice how to tune the car so it doesn't feel like it's on ice all the time? This is first time ever in a racing game where lack of grip is the problem (doesn't matter if its fwd, rwd or awd) as you cannot turn normaly on any corner whitout having a small four wheel drift, so even in tier 2 I'm having huge problems keeping up whit the other cars as drifting slows down lap times several seconds. I've heard this game is supposed to be "simulator", but it's doesn't feel that. All the gran turismo series games grip levels are normal whit normal driving and it's really hard to even create "drifting car" in 1 - 4 parts and it's the best "real driving simulator" for my opinion. Found some sites where players are having this same problems, but also heard lot of these "you don't know how to drive" type of comments, but this isn't the case really.. anyone who has driven fast car in real life, knows how they should work. Also if I have been able to complete all gran turismo games, it's hard to see why driving skills would really be a problem in Shift.

I have driven 300hp v3.5L 350z whit racing tires and racing clucth in real life and I can say it was nothing like the feeling in the game. It had huge grip even whit moist on the ground after the rain. Same thing whit Mustang I tested some time ago. So any ideas or tuning advices how to turn off that "car on a soap" effect. I'll bet those cars wouldn't act out like that even in winter time..

Only place where the car doesn't drift well is the drifting mode.. haha.. still learning how's that done in the game. Feels really technical after seeing how it works on older NFS games.

you need to learn how to drive.....

haha jk funny stuff is over. I would suggest slowing down before the corners and accelerating out of them. I'll be getting the game soon so I will let you know

haha jk funny stuff is over. I would suggest slowing down before the corners and accelerating out of them. I'll be getting the game soon so I will let you know

Yup, that's basic thing in racing games. That works on any other game I know, but in shift you just run out of track if you don't slow down to corners as cars steering is bit hard, but nothing too bad after few races. Still haven't figured out how slow you can turn and still keep up whit others as there isn't any grip levels.. Just thinking of posting a video to youtube, so I can get more of the you just don't know how to drive comments :)

You can get a 4 wheel drift even if the speed is beyond the level how fast you can drive into a corner (the game itself gives racing line that turns yellow when driving bit too fast and red if going way too fast). Also you can get four wheel drift even in a straight line and some times I have lost lead because of that. Push one time turn and the whole car start to go from side to side and it takes time when you can get it on control again. Many times it starts to drift so badly it's out of your hands and you spin or slide out of the track. Overall the car handling is reminding me of Juiced 2 in drift mode, which is just a joke as a racing game as the cars are not even slightly realistic.

But see for youself and let me know if you can figure out how to get them grip on a track.