Spell Resistance against buff removers?

Phlaago

I was thinking the other day about making a Temple Guardian focusing most of his defense on the energy shield.. (just for fun.. and a 'my shield is bigger' idea =)

but the stumbling block would be those pesky critters that have the ability to turn off our buffs.

(The white griffin for example, or the furies in the quest series 'northern expedition' or whatever its called)

So here is the question: Would a high spell resistance skill along with maybe an increased willpower be effective at stopping these enemies from removing your t-energy shield?

Edit: To answer my own question: NO, I did some testing with my level 38 DG Temple Guardian character edited to replace tactics lore with spell resistance and sword weapons with warding energy lore.. also jacked up his willpower to twice the original value.. this had no effect at all, fury champions still remove t-energy shield 100% of the time they shoot off their ranged attack.

im unsure if a character with niobium equipment could turn the tables on this.. would be fun to have a non removable t-energy shield.

Edited by gogoblender

High spell resistance/spell banishing/Combat Art reflect/CAblock should stop the griffin from debuffing you. There arent too many monsters that do it so its not so much of a worry in PVE. Griffin and harpy queen I think? PVP is another story entirely because almost all elves are Explusle-magic-happy because its so uber :thumbsup:.

Edited by ka243