Role Playing Anyone?

I'd like to know if someone already tried to launch a Role Playing session

Kinda like Kamikaze sundays, finding 4/5 people, making a party and start the fun on a weekly basis

Except it would be not for killing everything together and steamrolling creeps but more for roleplaying

Killing things on the way, exploring the world, do the quests we find (or not, depending on our alignment)

Something slow paced, just for the fun, trying to make our characters alive (stay at inns before disconnecting, no teleporting except for rp purpose of going back to the previous inn on next session)

Anyone did this? Anyone interested to do it (again)?

Since it's slow pace, we could probably play only from one town to another, then stop til next session or somethign like that

Play for like an hour or two each evening but play more often like 3/4 days per week

Good things would be playing in hardcore, but on bronze difficulty

We probably won't level fast but it's not the goal, and it'll still allow our character to die if we don't pay attention, though since it's bronze we won't have to be on the edge everytime

It could also be interesting for each of us to make a background and character sheet to give a rough idea of what he/she will do as a job (healer, tank, berserk and much more)

I'd personnally like to do a priest seraphim/high elf or druid dryad :( a thief is also on my mind but I don't know yet which character to choose for it

There's tons of archetypes I could think of in this game, not necessarily powerfull, but realistica and enjoyable for roleplay ^^

Edited by FurryRage

I'm not sure what you want to do? I would like to play a relaxed style and agree to rules, sounds good. But I find the characters too flat and archetypical to actually role play. And there are only 6 of them so its hard to differentiate what personality your serafim has.

Additionally the only way to interact with the environment (almost) is to kill a monster and the things that a character could do to define themselves (like in morrowind say) are rather limited.

If I don't have to pretend I am a seraphim and you play US servers 1.43 I am in!

Agree with llama, airhead is good :thumbsup:

What I meant was not necessarily interracting with environment but with ourselves

For exemple, stop at an inn and start talking while someone go get beers (yeah, you can't, but you can do as if)

If we want to establish a camp and eat outside, we can use a few roast joints to do as if we were cooking meat of our dead ennemies

Also, you don't have to use the official background of a character

It's better to use it as a start, but for a seraphim it can be pretty limitative, so you're not really forced to use it, you can just make her a human, a fallen angel :), or something else

Since there's no male/female varaitions, we can use seraphim and shadow warrior as humans, high elf and inquisitor as high elves, dryad as dryad and temple guardian as robot

But like I said, it's not limited, you could pretty well say the shadow warrior is a demon, just make an according background to explain why he is now roaming in ancaria

Also, I wanted to Make different roles by role playing, for exemple, a priest seraphim will only use "holy" attacks, like healing, pillar of light, convert...

Also, even if she can, she won't use much weapon based attack.

This way, during boss fights, or even when hunting monsters, it's less bashing and more planing (kinda like in mmorpg), since everyone will have a main role (tank, DPS, heal, buff)

Also buffer shadow warriors could be pretty cool by extending most of their effects to party members

But then again, we'll make pretty useless characters for solo, since the goal of this role playing thing is to play together and interact as a team, so each character will be very specialized

Unfortunately, I'm playing on eu server :s

But isn't there a way to change servers?

I think you can change your game version in the registry and server in a .txt so you can make the game believe it's a EU or US version and connect to according server

Edited by FurryRage

No way to change servers. I used to do a text roleplaying thing in the dawn of the internet, but I am afraid I am better at text than live stuff. A lady once tried to get me to do a chat roleplaying thing and I just did not get it. I would probably be into making a team concept but anyhow I'm stuck with US.