Crystal Skin can't be raised to level without penalty?

jason.d.cramer

First post but have been reading these boards for a while for information - thanks to all of you that have posted thier knowledge so that I may learn the finer points and mechanics of this game.

That knowledge was extremely valuable on my first 20 or so trial characters as I tried to figure out why things werent working the way I thought they should. I have however come across something I cannot explain or find an answer to.

I am building an ice elf which I am happy with so far. I have noticed a curiosity that I cannot explain. She is currently level 52 with Stormite focus maxed and her highest spell level without penalty is level 40 atm, but I have raised Crystal Skin to level 37 and its say "Next Level 37.9". Has anyone else had this problem or explain to me what could be the cause? I play on console (PS3) if that helps but I am not sure that has anything to do with this unless it is a console only glitch... Any input would be appreciated - if you need more info about the build ask me, but its a fairly standard Ice Elf... and I dont know what details may be needed to troubleshoot this..

First post but have been reading these boards for a while for information - thanks to all of you that have posted thier knowledge so that I may learn the finer points and mechanics of this game.

That knowledge was extremely valuable on my first 20 or so trial characters as I tried to figure out why things werent working the way I thought they should. I have however come across something I cannot explain or find an answer to.

I am building an ice elf which I am happy with so far. I have noticed a curiosity that I cannot explain. She is currently level 52 with Stormite focus maxed and her highest spell level without penalty is level 40 atm, but I have raised Crystal Skin to level 37 and its say "Next Level 37.9". Has anyone else had this problem or explain to me what could be the cause? I play on console (PS3) if that helps but I am not sure that has anything to do with this unless it is a console only glitch... Any input would be appreciated - if you need more info about the build ask me, but its a fairly standard Ice Elf... and I dont know what details may be needed to troubleshoot this..

This is a console only glitch. do you by any chance have +all skills raising your focus level above 75. That would explain the problem. The glitch is that the spell level shown in the focus details assumes that you have 75 hard skill points and shows the level bonus as such. Can't really tell you what the fix might be other than add only 1 rune at a time and check it. Assuming your also running Grand invigoration you shouldn't have a serious regen problem from going over. not sure but you may have a mod for Crystal skin that also helps you regen times.

Ok. That explains it... Thanks. I do have like +32 all skills equiped which would put me over 75. I was not aware of this console glitch either. Thanks for the info. I can still pump the buff as you say because my regen times are low (.8 for FF and GT and 1.5 for RN). Working to get them a little lower while balancing thier power but that shouldnt be a problem. Once again thanks for the info I was unaware of this glitch..

Ok. That explains it... Thanks. I do have like +32 all skills equiped which would put me over 75. I was not aware of this console glitch either. Thanks for the info. I can still pump the buff as you say because my regen times are low (.8 for FF and GT and 1.5 for RN). Working to get them a little lower while balancing thier power but that shouldnt be a problem. Once again thanks for the info I was unaware of this glitch..

You can pump Grand invogoration with everything you've got. the use Combat art rings/amus. later on you will find that you can't raise your regens at all because of all the built in regen bonus of GI and CS.

• 3 months later...

You can pump Grand invogoration with everything you've got. the use Combat art rings/amus. later on you will find that you can't raise your regens at all because of all the built in regen bonus of GI and CS.

I agree: add 1 rune at a time to ensure no half levels. This will clear up once you reach focus level mastery. Then the level without penalty will show accurately.