Statues, gods and heroes- How do they work, what do they do?

OK as LONG time since release Ps3 user I have multiple characters over 80 and have access to all difficulties.

I have yet to EVER get anything to happen to my characters from my hero statue my god statue or any of those statues.

I cannot get the hero statues to activate (no l1 shows up)

Is this not working like blacksmithing and other glitches on PS3?

If it does work I could really use the 100% short term xp bonus on my 105 Shadow Warrior right now if I can figureouthow ..

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hey gavindor. I don't have any experience with the console versions but on the PC side it's like you say with the Hero Statues. You should be getting +100% Experience. So if you don't see an increase in experience right after you tough the statue then it must be broken. It seems as though this is this case in fact in the Ice & Blood expansion.

God Statues should reduce the remaining regeneration time on your God Spell by 25% each time you click on one. However there is a certain amount of time between clicks that you must wait. I think it's about 30 seconds.

After trying out the god statues I don't see any problems with them, just two conditions...

1) cannot be mounted as you will kneel by the proper statue, if it is not your patron you get nothing, and your mount is an animal so your god hates him? (lol)

2) diminishing returns, as schot said it seems to be 25% of the remaining time. Also the statues seem to go no less than about 1 minute. Doesn't appear to be any wait time between receiving the blessing of your god either.

example: earlier I used Testa's barrage and almost immediately used it right again by praying like a zealot at a nearby statue. each offering of praise dropped the recharge and let me pray again in much less than 30 seconds, it was probably closer to 12 or so cause of the animation.

Hope that helps anyone interested in god statues, they're really handy, especially forens ^.^

Doesn't appear to be any wait time between receiving the blessing of your god either.

Oh great info there Sarcolemming. I remember it was once like that in my game, which was awesome for boss hunting, but in recent patches they changed it. :/ Which patch version are you on?