Death blow diminishing returns- what is the missing factor

Greetings fellow fans,

I read the section in the wiki that relates to the diminishing returns for deathblow augmented rings, amulets and armor.

I have a HE pyromaniac shopper that spent a few hours hunting for death blow rings and armor and I managed to pick up four rings and one bracer that combined, should give around 120% deathblow.

However, when I look at the stats for the HE, the bonus section only shows a combined deathblow level of 55%.

This is lower than the number provided in the article for death blow diminishing returns and I am wondering if anyone knows what is the missing factor that reduces the combined effectiveness of the 'buff'?

I also wonder if the effectiveness changes as a function of the character level or character type?

Thanks in advance for the help......

Death blow has some serious deminishing on it. Best to consolidate as much as you can into singular rings and attempt to increase via fewer more powerful rings than a bunch of small ones.

The wiki numbers aren`t an equation, just a collection of examples to give folks reading an idea of the diminishing that occures.

Needless to say, Death blow becomes much more profitable to wield at higher levels as it`s possible to shop double death blow rings...slip just one or two of these on and it`s possible to perhaps match hp of champs in game...unless youo have ice and blood...man, those guys have a LOT of hit points

:paladin:

gogo