To Add-on or not to Add-on.....Yet

Currently I have a blacksmith at level 44 and a shopper at 28. Locolagarto has a shopper at 31. We are running patch 2.43. Do we run the blacksmith and a shopper up to niob level before we get Ice and Blood or do we take the plunge now so we can build these guys up to take into account for the nerfs and such?

Oh tough one Furian. I'm not sure what to tell you for certain. I can tell you this though. power leveling in Niob is much harder in Ice and Blood. At least so far as I've seen. I say much harder because I have high level resources that I've become accustomed to. The impact on my niob characters was pretty easy to see. But if you don't yet have niob characters or a niob experience in general then I would suggest adding on now. Trust me. You don't want to experience niob pre Ice and Blood and then experience it after installing it. You'll notice a lot of changes and several build strategies have changed. Better to build in Ice and Blood if you plan to eventually go there anyway.

That said... I'd personally rush two shopper/smiths to level 60 and 140. 60 and even 140 can be done fairly quickly if you have the resources or someone you know does.

Good luck!

Oh tough one Furian. I'm not sure what to tell you for certain. I can tell you this though. power leveling in Niob is much harder in Ice and Blood. At least so far as I've seen. I say much harder because I have high level resources that I've become accustomed to. The impact on my niob characters was pretty easy to see. But if you don't yet have niob characters or a niob experience in general then I would suggest adding on now. Trust me. You don't want to experience niob pre Ice and Blood and then experience it after installing it. You'll notice a lot of changes and several build strategies have changed. Better to build in Ice and Blood if you plan to eventually go there anyway.

That said... I'd personally rush two shopper/smiths to level 60 and 140. 60 and even 140 can be done fairly quickly if you have the resources or someone you know does.

Good luck!

Power leveling? and what resources are needed? Only way I know to level is solo grinding. when we play a multi campaign it nurfs our XP by a 3rd.

I'd have to say for the one hour I was able to play before I had to head off for work that Ice and Blood is much better user friendly than 2.43. Got some of the console abilities back. Found my little friend impy, I missed that little fart. He still gets lost but that's ok

I ran about 3 levels in the orc land and noticed the Detrimental effects immediately. the ogres casting there movement speed on me brought me to a crawl. love all the new goodies too. finally might be able to put that outfit together that the Dryad wears in the opening cinematic.

Did notice some serious lag though. Entering and exiting caves you have to wait about 15 seconds for everything to spawn. like the orc cave. I ran on and was like" where'd they all go" so I stepped in to take a look and they spawned all around me. thank god for the blowpipe and DA with the knockback mod.