Divine protection and warding energy

ka243

I thought that when divine protection was active it would always take the damage and warding energy shield would not be touched (seemed logical). But I have noticed that warding energy sometimes goes DOWN while my divine protection is UP. Whats up with that? Thanks for anyone who can clarify.

This is super annoying because divine protection is very quick to recast whereas warding energy seems to take much longer. It almost makes warding energy seem useless....

Edited by ka243

When divine protection is cast warding energy goes DOWN. Even if you take no damage or don't even face an enemy. I tested that on pc and it is true I think. Thats why my latest build doesn't use WE.

In my experience, I had to take damage for the warding energy shield to go down, whether divine protection was up or not.

I could tell because when I canst warding energy then divine protection (or divine protection then warding energy) the animations for both remained and the buff icon for warding energy was up initially. After taking enough damage, sometimes but not always, the warding energy buff went down (while my divine protection was still up).

So they seem to be stacking for me but I can't tell which one takes damage first or if it depends on cast order or if its random. Playing on x360 but am not aware of any difference in how this works between the 2 versions as I have looked into differences in the versions in great depth and never run across this.