Destroyers v.s. Bombers...?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

I"m seeing great numbers from everyone here regarding the specialization of their fleets....

But...I still don't know whether or not im convinced whether or not specializing our fleets this way is the way to go or not....

so....

I"m still goin with dessiess here....

I am absolutely in love with the dessies have brilliant destructive power and can withhold so much damage....

and yeah I know that dessies suck up so much deut....

but all we have to do is bring in the dessies really close and voilla..

we can flatten out planets no sweat and with a HUGE number of dessies so close to anothher person's colonies...dontcha think that just growing up our fleet wiht dessies and everyting else rather than devloping all those bombers is the way to develop a sweet overall general purpose hiting fleet?

so guys convince me....

why should I devlop bombers instead of dessies?

is the rf that the bombers have that much more wickd to have for our fleets regariding this part of our game playing?

:faerie:

gogo

For an attack fleet I would stick to Dessies, but keep 100-200 bombers on hand for defensive planets.

When hitting planets with fleet and def, it acts like cruisers killing fodder reducing losses.

Only have 20 bombers on my 13 accounts so far, but from what I can see in Cykes combat reports they own.

Crunchie

Guest gogoblender

intersting

are you saying you'd give up making bs's completely and just produce dessies with a backup as you suggest of bombers?

I like you're thinkin of comparing them to cruisers takin out fodder but with bombers doing it for def

sharp

:)

gogo

When I had an attack fleet, I was quite fond of my bombers. The destroyers were nice to have, but didn't see much action. My bombers, however, I used quite regularly (when I actually raided that is); they tended to keep my attack fleet safe.

It should be noted that I'm a very conservative attacker who can't abide much in the way of loss to gain my profits. Bombers helped me to minimize my fleet losses and maximize my profits by decimating the planet defenses and reducing the ships I lost. I also didn't often attack planets with fleets in orbit; mostly because I didn't want them to be able to fleetsave their resources before I arrived :) So, my destroyers had a lesser role in my raiding style.

So yeah, bombers... they're where it's at.

Guest gogoblender

I just did something new today

used ipms

a lot of em

hmmm ipms plus dessies makes fer a VERY inneresting fleet

/devil

gogo

I favor destroyers to bombers mostly for the fact that plasmas dont take out destroyers in one pop. So for my defence killing, I just use a superior number of destroyers. I keep a huge ammount of cruisers around incase there are lfs or rockets around as well.

I have a nicely mixed fleet, but I'd take bombers over Dessies any day.

I think that you get better vaule for you hard earnt resources. So for something that is only 2/3s the cost of a Dessie is something that is equally as quick (if u have hyper eng lv 8) and has a better much rapid fire. I can live with the higher losses due to the lower cost. So look at return per res input and I think that the Bomber is king, plus Total cost of ownership is lower as well.

My 2p worth

Guest gogoblender

nice writeup there firefly

damn...heh, it's really good

lol, yer makin me think

I'm actually simming a ton of different battles now after talkin for hours to crunchie about this.

I'll tell you guys what I come back with

:P

gogo

I think, mixed fleet is the best.

but the winner are dessis.

because: bomber got rapidfire against the most of def. desses only SLaser.

but what u want. farming ? ok, make it. for crashing turtle u must know, the most turtle build Slaser and rockets. bombers great against that. but dessis and cruiser make the same.

but, now why I preferd dessis: dessis can fight against other fleet . thats important I think. the most res u make with crashing fleets and farming is by the side ...

winner : dessis