Is there a Delphic Arcania build out there?

Palico

Just wondering is someone has made a build basing there main atk on Cobalt Strike? I'm sure it can't be a stand alone build since its weak on Area of Effect so I'm sure its coupled with ice or fire.

(not talking about the Magic Coup build)

Edited by Palico

as a pure caster? the coup builds are very similar. try the Shield maiden http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12525 it incorporates everything and can easily be modified to augment any of the aspects. even eliminating 1 if you like. it is the only 3 aspect build that I've seen that can be played anyway u like. and modified easily for your play style. if if tomorrow your style changes, it still works

Cobalt strike works nicely with the new staffs skill. At least so far.

I'm still testing out skill choices and order to take them in. Concentration, Delphic Lore, Delphic Focus, Staffs, a primary defense skill, Constitution, damage lore?, tactics?, Pyromancer Focus, Riding?

I have taken armor so far for the defense skill, but I'm thinking about trying spell resistance.

Once I get Concentration mastered the three buffs are: Grand Invigoration, Incandescant Skin and Fire Demon.

So an arcane build without magic coup?

Or an arcane build with magic coup only as one but not the main damaging Combat Art?

If you play the AddOn or console regeneration per hit to recharge your combat arts might be an idea.

Shadow step with invisibility and explosion is very nice to start with. My daughter used it as first modified damage doing combat art.

Pure arcane and no magic coup for the ones who like challenges on the PC (alchemy is clumsy to use on consoles):

bargaining (we need excellent regeneration per hit jewelry)

arcane lore

staves (without magic coup we need something to give us hit chance, and ranged is easier to regenerate with hits, more options)

arcane focus

armour

shield lore (as a pure arcane no melee reflect, so shield lore is the best melee defense)

constitution

combat discipline (cobalt strike, teleportation are low on damage, so we need combat discipline and ancient magic)

alchemy (in niob a trollteeth gives +1000% attack value for more than 50 seconds at 300 alchemy, we will need this)

ancient magic

Take speed lore on consoles. We need good jewelry with regeneration per hit, so bargaining is kinda a must have. Also to have regeneration per hit working nicely we need a high attack value. Without magic coup alchemy trophies are the best way to hit bosses for normal left click attacks. I would modify teleportation first: less cooldown, invisibility and explosion. Since its cooldown gets lower with more runes its no mistake to have it at malus. Gather some mobs, teleport on place to have explosion affecting the surrounding mob and recharge your spells with left click staff shooting.

I see no room for tactic lore and staff shooting is single target anyway, so perhaps choose a staff which has chance to freeze and socket it with ice to slow the enemies you use to recharge your spells.

But I don't think that this playstyle will be for beginners. Its a lot easier to include magic coup with sure hit. If you don't want it as a group killer modify it for criticals, or do just the first 2 modifications.

Hope I understood you right that you asked for a pure arcane caster build?

Edited by chattius
  • 4 weeks later...

Hooray! I was looking for a topic regarding a DA Elf, and here it is!

I will share my build, as I am looking for a little advise on how to finish her off.

Level 42, all attribute points have been/ will be put into Vitality

Skills (hard points in brackets)

Bargaining (1) - my first shopper, and she doesn't need any of the others to unlock! Only one point for now, as relics, and more recently, +allskills jewelry have been keeping this around my level

DA Lore (10) - need to open DA Focus. I DIDN'T WANT CONCENTRATION AS IT INCREASES REGEN. TIMES (when you have 2 buffs!).

DA Focus (42) - keeping GI as high a level as I can.

AP Focus (32) - after modding GI for fire spells, I chose AP as my second aspect. only need 31 points for now, to fully mod Tempest and Shower.

Armour Lore (15) - ok... need to ensure I incorporate some defence. also helps spell regen.

Constitution (15) - my main thought to surviving Platinum / Niob levels was to have as much HP as possible, and when mastered, will combo well with GI's HP regen.

Shield Lore (1) - I had a Stalwart Safeguard I was drooling over. It was level 30, so taking it now to start the survival bonus "bonus"

Ancient Magic (12) - needed more offensive power. also helps against damage prevention / immunities.

I am 95% sure I will be taking AP Lore at level 50. Increase damage, and more importantly, the CAST TIMES. I try to keep my spells at "casting animation" speed, meaning that the time it takes to cast the spell (animation) is the same as the regen time for the spell.

Have a couple of choices, then, for the final skill. This I kinda need some input from people who've played longer than I.

Do I take combat disclipine? In my playing around with the combos, I worry that if I don't have the time to execute an entire 2-spell combo before I am surrounded. Never mind 3 and 4-spell combos! This = death at Plat / Niob as I understand.

Concentration? I would only take this for a second buff (Incandescent Skin), but never master as I have no want of a 3rd.

Magic Staffs? The Elf class quest has a nice staff reward... and it would open up Magic Coup as a realistic option (I don't hit with weapons atm)

Combat Arts

Only one buff build - Grand Invigoration. I am eating runes at a rate of about 2 per level.

The usual suspects here, Blazing Tempest, and Shadow step (with explosion) takes care of groups. Incend. Shower for elites and bosses. Cobalt strike as a "debuff" and does decent damage to one target. See casting times note above.

My stategy for bosses is to have the CS and IS in a combo, as the CS helps with the targeting if the bugger moves while I'm trying to cast IS.

Mods (sorry I don't remember names of mods, just effects)

Grand Invigoration - fire focus, more HP regen, reduce impact of incoming detrimental effects.

Shadow Step - reduce cooldown, invisibility, explosion

Cobalt Stike - more damage, reduce opp. stats, :) (not sure what I will take when I get there)

Incend. Shower - stun, more phys. damage, more critical hits

Blazing Tempest - faster regen, can't remember the other 2 mods I took 8(

Notes:

I am only planning to get this character into Niob level (for shop/smithing for my other characters), but I may give Niob a "go" if she doesn't die before then (I'd like to see a 99.9% survival bonus :Just_Cuz_21:

Just started Gold campaign (offline, solo). Mobs are starting to be able to do enough damage to overcome GI's HP regen, so I guess I'll be sinking more points into defensive skills. My other main question I have about my build is which skills to master first. I believe that you can get 3 skills to mastery at level 75, and my main thoughts here are to do Armour Lore, Constitution and DA Focus. After that I don't know! I am guessing Bargaining and Sheild Lore for mastery #4 and 5. Please help!

I will be away from komputer for weekend,so I will not be back to reply until Sunday or Monday!

Sorry for late response, I was thinking what to write. I have absolutely no experience with consoles but I played melee elves for almost a year. For the PC the AddOn changed a lot: Regeneration per Hit (RpH).

For consoles it was working all the time. So in late game (platinum, niob) using the fire skin modified for melee reflection, arrow burning and more damage might give some protection and good damage. You could use magic coup modified for sure hits, life leech and stray damage in connection with a x% life leech shuriken to recharge your tempests.

But you would have to do your own tests if this style will work with the auto-targetting on consoles. My Bauchgefühl says that fireskin might be the better buff late game. Its x% chance to reflect melee and x% damage gets better and better the more runes are in.

If you like to experiment: start with GI as Buff till gold and try out how RpH will workout in connection with fireskin. Post your experiences, I am curious.

Thank you for the reply, Chattius!

My Delphic Arcane elf is a pure caster, and the first thing I tried when I got my first RpH ring was to see if it would work with Blazing Tempest and Incend. Shower, but it did not work. I did not bother to try other "spell" Combat Arts after my initial testing, so I am unsure if it works with the fireball, or snowball or lightning bolt, etc. I assume it works great with Magic Coup (as it is a weapon-based Combat Art), but that I consider that "swinging a weapon", a no-no for my caster.

I guess for consoles the RpH only works with melee attacks, which my elf is not planning on doing... but my melee seraphim really enjoys it!

I think you misunderstood what I was asking regarding the casting times. Right now (Level 47), I have a Incend. Shower regeneration time of 1.8 seconds. When I cast it, the character on screen does the animation (she points to the sky, then downwards, then the meteors fall). The amount of time it takes for the avatar to do this sequence of motions (and thus, "cast" the spell) is almost exactly that amount of time. I have had my regen. time lower than 1.8s, but I cannot re-cast an IS (or any other spell, for that matter) before this "animation" is complete. I will have to get Arrant Pyromancer Lore to see if that consideribly speeds up the casting animation, so I can truly have a spell spammer.

Of course, I have tried playing around with the "casting speed" items, but I have not noticed enough of a difference to warrant replacing an all skills or aspect: jewellery for them.

Salut!

Scott